Write my next book for me

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Some small-town insurance broker guaranteeing the club £100k in a year?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Also Deadly has a lot of stories from Maurice Evans about his life and times.....some very good ones about our time in the top flight. He was planning to put them in a book....but then Maurice died. Ask him?
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:Also Deadly has a lot of stories from Maurice Evans about his life and times.....some very good ones about our time in the top flight. He was planning to put them in a book....but then Maurice died. Ask him?
I shall, if I can ever find him sober.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

You could stop drinking ...
Deadly
Embryo

Re:

Post by Deadly »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotRoo&quot wrote:Also Deadly has a lot of stories from Maurice Evans about his life and times.....some very good ones about our time in the top flight. He was planning to put them in a book....but then Maurice died. Ask him?
I shall, if I can ever find him sober.
Oi, cheeky sods.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Deadly - I don't know your current email address, but it would be good to have a chat with you about all things OUFC. Any chance we could meet up sometime soon? Drop us a line will you. (why isn't there a thumbs-up emoticon?)
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Deadly - I don't know your current email address, but it would be good to have a chat with you about all things OUFC. Any chance we could meet up sometime soon? Drop us a line will you. (why isn't there a thumbs-up emoticon?)
Are you two friends...........................football friends?

(Given the age group on this site I would imagine this may go over a few heads but it amused me)
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Deadly - I don't know your current email address, but it would be good to have a chat with you about all things OUFC. Any chance we could meet up sometime soon? Drop us a line will you. (why isn't there a thumbs-up emoticon?)
Boris, I have texted Deadly your mobile number....he should be in touch soon (maybe!) :roll:
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Only just got round to reading this thread - I've come over all nostalgic as i do from time to time reading this sort of stuff.
The auction when we all went away with bits of the Manor.
The firework displays at the Manor that seemed to go on for ever and ever and ever.
In the days of Robin Herd I recall some Italians with motor racing connections were possibly going to invest in the club or buy it. I seem to remember a couple of what looked like mafia types walking around the Manor pitch before one game. Flavio Briatore? Obviously nothing came of it and I might even have dreamt the whole thing up.
Biomass has already been mentioned but that bloody scoreboard thing should get a whole chapter to itself.
Ahhhhhh....the auction of Manor Ground seats!

I missed out on this and still regret it....does anyone know if there are any spares floating about still....or a turnstile.....or a floodlight??????
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Only just got round to reading this thread - I've come over all nostalgic as i do from time to time reading this sort of stuff.
The firework displays at the Manor that seemed to go on for ever and ever and ever.
In the days of Robin Herd I recall some Italians with motor racing connections were possibly going to invest in the club or buy it. I seem to remember a couple of what looked like mafia types walking around the Manor pitch before one game. Flavio Briatore? Obviously nothing came of it and I might even have dreamt the whole thing up.
Biomass has already been mentioned but that bloody scoreboard thing should get a whole chapter to itself.

I missed out on this and still regret it....does anyone know if there are any spares floating about still....or a turnstile.....or a floodlight??????
Ask my brother he's still got mine in his workshop - he's making a garden seat out of them.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotRoo&quot wrote:

Ask my brother he's still got mine in his workshop - he's making a garden seat out of them.

I would....but I don't know him!!!!! Seriously though....does he have some spares!!!! I'm sure a donation tho the 12th man fund could prize some from him????
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

Does he have some spares? - I doubt he knows where mine are any more.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Does he have some spares? - I doubt he knows where mine are any more.
COOL! I'll tell him that they are mine then!! :wink:
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Over 8 years on and mine are still in my garage in pieces. I did get my actual season ticket seats though. A few years back I got round to straightening them out and painting the metal brackets but that's about as far as I got. I've also got a very large Beach Road Exit---&gt sign in my garage loft biut I think it will stay there as the builders built an extension around it!
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

So.......does anybody know of any going spare anywhere....I've got a bee in my bonnet about this now!