Write my next book for me

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Write my next book for me

Post by boris »

Following on from the Complete Record and On This Day (which comes out in October, apparently), I've also been commissioned to write third book about the Mighty Yellows, to be entitled Miscellany. The deadline for completion of the manuscript is 31 March 2010.

I'm compiling a list of suitable topics, but wouldn't mind some added inspiration, so if any of you good people have a topic that they wish to see that could come under the Miscellany heading, put it in this thread.

In addition, if any of you are sitting on some wonderfully obscure OUFC trivia that they think is worthy please let me know. I will credit sources where used, but also respect any requests for anonymity.

Thx dudes.

Admin edit: just going to stickify this for a wee while...
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

There really ought to a chapter on Raging Fever Fc in all its guises.........ask Deadly for a story about a very early match against The Wiltshire Worriers and a slightly slow stopwatch! :lol:
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

I can put you in touch with the chap who proposed to his girlfriend in the centre circle at half time at the manor, the relationship never really recovered from her having to walk off the pitch to several thousand blokes singing does she take it up ... ....
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

And how about Arthur Turners' Love Child signing their recording deal in the center circle of the Manor for a quid (I think?)

Speak to Macca!
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

All the bands that performed at the Manor, Hall &amp Oates etc.

Manorettes

The wall falling down.

Pre/post match music. Who can forget Pilot &quotOh, oh, oh it's magic&quot evertime we won.

Local watering holes, The Butchers, The Vikings, The Standard, The Brit.

Hard men, Briggs, Rougvie, Fashanu, Vinny Jones.

Thames Valley Royals and the Maxwells although they were probably done to death in other publications.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

The exorcism of the Kassam Stadium in 2001?

The curse of Firoz Kassam.........and.........

how about (wearing your Town Planning Hat) the affect the new housing proposals could have on the club once the land opposite the Kassam Stadium is developed. Could it scupper the clubs plans to build a West End facility at Grenoble Road for example ?
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

How about a my favourite season type thing?

Justin did a brilliant piece for a WSC book about the Tranmere season. And I could offer you the bit I did for Survival of the Fattest about the Return of Shotton.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

My favourite ever Manor moment ever, ever, was sneaking drunk onto the Manor about five hours after the last ever match (the charity game v QPR) with someone else who shall remain nameless, and recreating all our favourite goals from years gone past (with various degrees of success).

I'll knock out a piece about that.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
Hard men, Briggs, Rougvie, Fashanu, Vinny Jones......PLUGGY! :shock:

Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Write my next book for me

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Following on from the Complete Record and On This Day (which comes out in October, apparently), I've also been commissioned to write third book about the Mighty Yellows, to be entitled Miscellany. The deadline for completion of the manuscript is 31 March 2010.

I'm compiling a list of suitable topics, but wouldn't mind some added inspiration, so if any of you good people have a topic that they wish to see that could come under the Miscellany heading, put it in this thread.

In addition, if any of you are sitting on some wonderfully obscure OUFC trivia that they think is worthy please let me know. I will credit sources where used, but also respect any requests for anonymity.

Thx dudes.
Now you are talking.

Sample chapter titles

Tears in the Rain - May 2006.

Relegated in an East London Desert- Spring 1976.

Meeting Brian Talbot in the Kassam Car Park -February 2006.

Chatting up Mrs. Karen Atkins - late 2002.

Man next to me has heart attack - Oxford v Notts County - last game of 1993/94 season.

Kicked, punched and abused by Coventry skinheads - FA Cup Fifth Round -February 1982.

But I digress....
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Youth System - eg. an all-time homegrown XI // success stories (went on to play in top flight/internationals) // {I have somewhere a list of all YT players first team appearances by season}
Fans XI - a follow up to the vote that OxVox ran to name the Conference Rooms at the stadium - top 5 or XI per decade perhaps.
Behind the Scenes - features on key figures in the history of the club (beyond players and managers) - eg. Ken Fish, Rosie, Les Taylor, Mick Brown, the groundsmen, Dawn, Chris W, even Mike Ashley, or is the chance to get the full FOUL story into print? ...
Where are they now - what players did or are still doing after they stopped playing - who ran pubs/managed/did what/etc
Links/Connections to other Oxon clubs
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

&quotMy favourite ever Manor moment ever, ever, was sneaking drunk onto the Manor about five hours after the last ever match (the charity game v QPR) with someone else who shall remain nameless, and recreating all our favourite goals from years gone past&quot....................................

Strange that, after the number of penalties you missed, I would have thought you'd prefer to forget :-)

That really was the perfect end to The Manor years.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

Probably too many people still around who were involved, but it would be interesting to try and find out the real story involving the club during the time of Herd, Biomass, Kassam, WPL.

What was Atkins, Mick Brown's, Kinnear's, Diaz's take on all of this? What really happened?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Have a word with Tony Warne about the mini Beech Road stand he has built in his back garden out of actual Beech Road seats.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

What would be fabulous is:

For those of us that were posting on the original Mzuri site (is that the right name?) do you recall, we all posted up our memories of The Manor? It was a wonderful piece. By using few words, just about every aspect of the experience and events were captured.

I'd hate for those words to be lost and not reproduced, albeit I guess they went down with the site. However, I do know Chris Brewer kept a copy of it all at the time. Probably long gone.

Remember?

Other topics

- London Road coach: Classic breakdowns
- Fans forums: The worst of, unedited
- Popular 80's terrace chants: The pianoist's choice
- Infamous fans: Pluggy's choice