Silence is golden...

Anything yellow and blue
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Silence is golden...

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Crikey, I was only asking for a view on the game from an attendee! :?
No you weren't &quotonly&quot doing that Tim. You were being an arse as well.
Er, no. Why on earth do you think I was having a crack at you??

Stop being so damn touchy.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote: Frankly I don't know why you bother with us.
Nor me, but to be fair we only tend to get a visit from Optimistic Ox when we win, so we won’t hear from him again for a while.

However, I must say I am a bit surprised to see him posting so early in the afternoon, as I had assumed he’d still be sleeping off the hangover from the all night party he must have had with himself last night.
Hardly. I asked if anyone went last night and if so, what they thought of our performance.
Oh come, come, you must have been besides yourself all night with all the excitement of getting past Dorchester and thinking what you could post on the Rage Online forum in the morning once you’d sobered up? And just think, if it hadn’t been for you handing out those leaflets to promote the home tie we may have gone out the first time around - and then where would Oxford United be?

And not only that, you should also bask in the knowledge of what a great ambassador you are for OxVox, given the impressive response you dished out to one of your own life members this week (assuming you are ‘OxVoxTim’ of course, as you have so many internet handles I can’t be sure).
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: Nor me, but to be fair we only tend to get a visit from Optimistic Ox when we win, so we won’t hear from him again for a while.

However, I must say I am a bit surprised to see him posting so early in the afternoon, as I had assumed he’d still be sleeping off the hangover from the all night party he must have had with himself last night.
Hardly. I asked if anyone went last night and if so, what they thought of our performance.
Oh come, come, you must have been besides yourself all night with all the excitement of getting past Dorchester and thinking what you could post on the Rage Online forum in the morning once you’d sobered up? And just think, if it hadn’t been for you handing out those leaflets to promote the home tie we may have gone out the first time around - and then where would Oxford United be?

And not only that, you should also bask in the knowledge of what a great ambassador you are for OxVox, given the impressive response you dished out to one of your own life members this week (assuming you are ‘OxVoxTim’ of course, as you have so many internet handles I can’t be sure).

:roll: Hardly relevant to my initial question but why change the habit of a lifetime. I hope that rant has made you feel better.

I've just seen the goals on ITV . They all seemed like calm finishes.
STEVE F
Brat

re dorchester result

Post by STEVE F »

The fact that we needed a replay and extra time to progress shows how bad things at oxford have become .

Patterson and Lewis have no idea SACK THEM .
I hope yemi is going I HOPE SO not good enough never will be if his going
is the start of a mass clearout it cannot come soon enough and is long overdue.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Er, no. Why on earth do you think I was having a crack at you??
Well, I suppose I could produce this...
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:You'd have been posting at 5 a.m. if we'd lost 3-1 though, Mr Prickly.
...but if we're talking about the initial posting on the thread you started, I haven't said it was directed at me. So perhaps you can explain who...
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Doyens of this forum silenced by cup victory. So much easier to vent electronic spleen after a defeat, I guess.
...was directed at and why you think opening with that question is consistent with your claim that you were only asking how we got on.
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote: Hardly. I asked if anyone went last night and if so, what they thought of our performance.

:roll: Hardly relevant to my initial question but why change the habit of a lifetime. I hope that rant has made you feel better.

I can’t see a “rant
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Doyens of this forum silenced by cup victory.
Frankly I don't know why you bother with us.
Try this. And try and move on, this is boring.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: Oh come, come, you must have been besides yourself all night with all the excitement of getting past Dorchester and thinking what you could post on the Rage Online forum in the morning once you’d sobered up? And just think, if it hadn’t been for you handing out those leaflets to promote the home tie we may have gone out the first time around - and then where would Oxford United be?

I can’t see a “rant
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: re dorchester result

Post by Snake »

&quotSTEVE F&quot wrote:The fact that we needed a replay and extra time to progress shows how bad things at oxford have become .

Patterson and Lewis have no idea SACK THEM .
I hope yemi is going I HOPE SO not good enough never will be if his going
is the start of a mass clearout it cannot come soon enough and is long overdue.
Obviously just a coincidence that Fozzie seems to be posting at the same time of night as the optimistic one.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Doyens of this forum silenced by cup victory.
Frankly I don't know why you bother with us.
Try this. And try and move on, this is boring.
I've tried it and I see a reply to your original comment.
entirely disenchanted
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

Blimey what a miserable thread.

I agree with AO on this occasion. People (in general, nobody specifically) are usually quicker to leap to their keyboards after a defeat and it would have been good to hear the opinion of someone who had actually been there. Unfortunately the request was lost amongst the sniping.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Do you think it might have been more reasonable just to ask whether anybody on the forum was actually there?

Or, if you prefer - given that (for instance) you apparently weren't there and the OP apparently wasn't there and I most certainly wasn't there, is it possible that not many people on this forum actually went?
entirely disenchanted
chuckbert
Toddler

Re:

Post by chuckbert »

This thread is definitive proof of the existence of the male menopause.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotchuckbert&quot wrote:This thread is definitive proof of the existence of the male menopause.
No it F***ing isn't :evil:
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotchuckbert&quot wrote:This thread is definitive proof of the existence of the male menopause.
No it F***ing isn't :evil:
But that response is :lol: