Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:Shocking rip off.
The unacceptable face of capitalism.
I’d have been happy to pay ten times that much for my tickets, though I’m glad it’s only my wife and one of my kids who want to go.

Supply and demand and all that (and a once in a generation chance for most #oufc supporters) so now all I have to do is to work out where the best place to sit at Wembley is and and key in my credit card number...
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:Shocking rip off.
The unacceptable face of capitalism.
Capitalism doesn't possess an acceptable face, except possibly this one: :evil:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:And what is more, ALL children and babies require a ticket (at £15 || £1.50), which is ridiculous - I might have a days-old child with me, as my missus wants to come, and might well give birth before 16th!
If your mrs gives birth at half-time you'll only have to pay £7.50 8)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

So initial allocation is 37,500 Oxford fans and 21,000 York.
£35 per ticket for level 1, level 2 £40, u-16s £15 (no concessions for students or OAPs apparently)
Guessing an average price of say £32 x 58,500 with an allowance for VAT at 7/47 = £1.6MM. If Brahma Bull is right that ticket sales are 25:25 the 2 clubs and 25:25 Conference / FA, that is potentially a £400K payday if the initial allocations sell out.

Plus something like £180K for the ticket agency, before they add on their postal extortion charge.

Still waiting for Terry to complain that he is out on Wednesday and so his season ticket has no benefit in being able to pre-book, his internet has been disconnected, phone cut off, debit and credit cards were stolen last week, and the nearest phone box is a 5 mile walk and his electron card only has £100 credit and how on earth he is supposed to get a ticket for the only realistic opportunity left to see Oxford at Wembley.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotNashy&quot wrote:I agree -its a rip off. It should be a day when we take 30,000|| and show the football world what a well supported club we are and what potential we have. With it live on Sky waverers and casuals will keep the cash in their pockets, especially in these tough times. No real fan would hesitate in going -its what we all dream about I guess - but that doesn't stop us all from feeling totally ripped off. Also it doesn't help families and surely we are all (including the FA) trying to encourage more kids to get the football habit. I hoped we take 30,000|| but I'd bet right now it'll be less than 25,000 and the crowd will struggle to equal last year's 42,000. Still -as long as we win!!!!!
Disagree, we will have a huge following.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:So initial allocation is 37,500 Oxford fans and 21,000 York.
£35 per ticket for level 1, level 2 £40, u-16s £15 (no concessions for students or OAPs apparently)
Guessing an average price of say £32 x 58,500 with an allowance for VAT at 7/47 = £1.6MM. If Brahma Bull is right that ticket sales are 25:25 the 2 clubs and 25:25 Conference / FA, that is potentially a £400K payday if the initial allocations sell out.

Plus something like £180K for the ticket agency, before they add on their postal extortion charge.

Still waiting for Terry to complain that he is out on Wednesday and so his season ticket has no benefit in being able to pre-book, his internet has been disconnected, phone cut off, debit and credit cards were stolen last week, and the nearest phone box is a 5 mile walk and his electron card only has £100 credit and how on earth he is supposed to get a ticket for the only realistic opportunity left to see Oxford at Wembley.
Steady on Sloppy, that's nearly bordering on funny. :wink:

Anyway, when did you get access to my memoirs?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Woop Woop I've just reserved our corporate box on the half way line. Full VIP hospitality and all. Hoorah!!!
A-Ro. At least do your company a favour and let us know who the good people are who own it! Free advertising (well, that and my mate is trying to reserve his corporate box on the half way line at Wembleeee and I wonder if you've beaten him to it. Is it a law firm???) innit!
Not a law firm and not reserved any more Boooooooooo!! the box is only allowed out for corporate entertainment and not for private use so they won't let me have it. It'll probably remain empty now - idiots.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

We're the same, We have those 10 year season ticket things but they are not for play=offs for some odd reason.

Still I would not go for free and sit alone on a balcony. Singing area for me please.

HONK.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:We're the same, We have those 10 year season ticket things but they are not for play=offs for some odd reason.

Still I would not go for free and sit alone on a balcony. Singing area for me please.

HONK.
I would have had to pay for it, £50pp (which is a lot less than £400pp for the day before) but they then said that I should allow another £100pp for catering which is when I told them I was running a private gathering and didn't want catering (I really meant I wasn't prepared to spend another £1200 on top)
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Heads up. The Jubile Line is closed 16 May.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotNashy&quot wrote:I agree -its a rip off. It should be a day when we take 30,000|| and show the football world what a well supported club we are and what potential we have. With it live on Sky waverers and casuals will keep the cash in their pockets, especially in these tough times. No real fan would hesitate in going -its what we all dream about I guess - but that doesn't stop us all from feeling totally ripped off. Also it doesn't help families and surely we are all (including the FA) trying to encourage more kids to get the football habit. I hoped we take 30,000|| but I'd bet right now it'll be less than 25,000 and the crowd will struggle to equal last year's 42,000. Still -as long as we win!!!!!
Jezz, you're even worse than Mr. T.

So, congratulations GY as you are no longer the person who needs cheering up the most on this board.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

I wonder if I'll sleep between now and the final?

Sorry to be mercenary for a moment, but so how do the finances of this work? Does anyone know? What % of the Wem-ber-ley gate does the club get?

Say 40,000 @ 35 = £1.4million
Do we get 25% of that, £350k? More? Much less?

And, for the play offs do you get to keep your home gate (don't know what the free rider % is, but say 11,500 @ 16 = £184k)? Or split it with the away club, say (184k || 4500 @ 15)/2 = £126k? Is there a conference tithe or tax?

Either way, quite a handy windfall ...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

For the Wembley final both clubs get 25% of the gate after expenses.

50,000 x £35 = £1,750,000 gross - a high gate could net £350k although BBC Oxford said the club could make £250,000 plus merchandise/replica kit sales.

The expenses are huge for some reason, I remember there being controversy a couple of years ago when a club like Kidderminster received a very small cheque from Wembley. They published a breakdown of the related expenses and they were ridiculously high.

Oxford kept all the proceeds from the second leg of the Play Offs and would have banked somehwere in the region of £150,000 gross with the Conference getting a small levy.

That equates to around £12.50 per head which would seem about right when concessions are factored in.

Don't forget ticket prices include VAT at 17.5% After stewarding and policing expenses etc. we would have netted around £120k.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:For the Wembley final both clubs get 25% of the gate after expenses.

50,000 x £35 = £1,750,000 gross - a high gate could net £350k although BBC Oxford said the club could make £250,000 plus merchandise/replica kit sales.

The expenses are huge for some reason, I remember there being controversy a couple of years ago when a club like Kidderminster received a very small cheque from Wembley. They published a breakdown of the related expenses and they were ridiculously high.

Oxford kept all the proceeds from the second leg of the Play Offs and would have banked somehwere in the region of £150,000 gross with the Conference getting a small levy.

That equates to around £12.50 per head which would seem about right when concessions are factored in.

Don't forget ticket prices include VAT at 17.5% After stewarding and policing expenses etc. we would have netted around £120k.
We'll get more than if we'd got Luton in the final, then...
yellowmanc
Sperm

Post by yellowmanc »

its a day out to watch us go back to the football league ! if tickets where £100 id still go ! i travel to every home game and most away games and spend alot of money doing that so im not to bothered about £40 ticket to go watch us win promotion.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Anyone on here know why the website is not selling tickets on the North side of the stadium?

It would be nice if See Tickets had put more than one person on their phone line!!