Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Happy now?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Happy now?
In the voice of Churchill the animated dog &quotOh yes&quot.

I imagine the exhultation bar may be raised somewhat further if we beat York. :D
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

In light of the ticket gripes that were aired on this site in respect of the Play Off Semi-Final I wonder how much of an impostion it is going to be now that the Wembley tickets are going to be handled by an outside ticket agency?

Do Season Ticket holders still get first dibs or will it be a free for all?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:In light of the ticket gripes that were aired on this site in respect of the Play Off Semi-Final I wonder how much of an impostion it is going to be now that the Wembley tickets are going to be handled by an outside ticket agency?

With all due respect to the club, the chances of there being a shortage are very very small.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:In light of the ticket gripes that were aired on this site in respect of the Play Off Semi-Final I wonder how much of an impostion it is going to be now that the Wembley tickets are going to be handled by an outside ticket agency?

I understand the tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster.

I imagine that the size of ticket allocation will determine if it will be a free for all or not. Provided we are allocated at least 25,000 tickets, I don't imagine there will be too many problems.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I quite agree with the idea that everyone who wants a seat will get one but I'd like to get an early order in so I can book a block of seats for all of us that sit together at the Kassam and in a location similar to our location at the Kassam. That might not be so easy if it is a free for all.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Provided we are allocated at least 25,000 tickets, I don't imagine there will be too many problems.
Well, this is where it could get interesting. In previous seasons, only the lower and middle tiers have been open which gives a capacity of c.50,000.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re:

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Provided we are allocated at least 25,000 tickets, I don't imagine there will be too many problems.
Well, this is where it could get interesting. In previous seasons, only the lower and middle tiers have been open which gives a capacity of c.50,000.
It was suggested on TIU somewhere (yes I know, hardly reliable) that we'd applied for 30,000 tickets.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Re:

Post by The OXman Cometh »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:

I understand the tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster.

I imagine that the size of ticket allocation will determine if it will be a free for all or not. Provided we are allocated at least 25,000 tickets, I don't imagine there will be too many problems.
I was afraid it was going to Ticketmaster, be warned its going to be a disaster if their past handling of play off finals is anything to go by.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Previous conference record is 42,511 for Exeter promotion final.

We should smash that.

Ticketmaster &amp Conference DO NOT FK THIS UP!!!!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I'd like to think we could take somewhere in the region of 27,000||. All it takes if for each person who came yesterday to bring a friend. Hardly difficult is it?

I know it helps living in London, but I've already got five or six mates (non-oxford fans) who want to come along and support us for the day. I can imagine that this might be the case for a lot of people, if the tickets are sensibly priced (by that I mean no more than £35). Any one know what they cost last season?

Also, I've heard from a couple of sources (posh seats at the Kassam || here: http://thisispop.wordpress.com/2010/05/ ... york-city/ which is quite a good piece) that Luton went all BillyBigBollox when in discussion with Wemblee about how they'd like to be treated, before the play offs started... HA HA!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I'd like to think we could take somewhere in the region of 27,000||. All it takes if for each person who came yesterday to bring a friend. Hardly difficult is it?

I know it helps living in London, but I've already got five or six mates (non-oxford fans) who want to come along and support us for the day. I can imagine that this might be the case for a lot of people, if the tickets are sensibly priced (by that I mean no more than £35). Any one know what they cost last season?

Also, I've heard from a couple of sources (posh seats at the Kassam || here: http://thisispop.wordpress.com/2010/05/ ... york-city/ which is quite a good piece) that Luton went all BillyBigBollox when in discussion with Wemblee about how they'd like to be treated, before the play offs started... HA HA!
I think the trophy final is £30 for the cheapest seats.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Swissbloke »

[quote=

Also, I've heard from a couple of sources (posh seats at the Kassam || here: http://thisispop.wordpress.com/2010/05/ ... york-city/ which is quite a good piece) that Luton went all BillyBigBollox when in discussion with Wemblee about how they'd like to be treated, before the play offs started... HA HA![/quote]

Correct, I've been told by members of the press and York City (we have ties at work with York too) that Luton's reps demanded they discuss ticketing for the final at the semi-final meeting. The other clubs were shall we say a little wound up.

Perfect time for a giggle.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Just found this from CUFC site last season:

TICKET PRICES:

- £35 - Level 2: Club Wembley level (the middle tier).
- £30 - Level 1: The lower tier.
- £17.50 (Level 2) and £15 (Level 1) for Under 16s only. There are no other concessions and everyone, including babes in arms, must have a valid ticket. No pushchairs or buggies are allowed in the Stadium for safety reasons.
There will be a booking fee of £1.25 per ticket for online orders or £2.50 per ticket for telephone orders, and an additional charge for postage.

They also &quotreserved&quot an area of the ground for their &quotAmber Army&quot, ie their singing section. I wonder if we'll be able to do the same for anyone who sits in the OM stand?