Rushden

Anything yellow and blue
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Just got my ticket sorted on the phone. Took me a while to get past the engaged tone but once i got through was only on hold for about 2 minutes. Spoke to a friendly chap, who's voice I didnt recognise, who stated that they were even busier than yesterday so sounds likely that all the tickets will go today.

He also said that there were less than 1000 tickets left in the home ends for Monday's game meaning that there should be 11,800 in for that game.

No trauma at all and fair play to the staff for still being cheerful about it!!!
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:it's like getting Glastonbury tickets, it's worth it in the end (well Glastonbury always is Oxford rarely is)
Oh come on. U2 are headlining this year - I'd rather pull out my fingernails and rub salt in the wounds.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by scooter »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotty cobb&quot wrote:it's like getting Glastonbury tickets, it's worth it in the end (well Glastonbury always is Oxford rarely is)
Oh come on. U2 are headlining this year - I'd rather pull out my fingernails and rub salt in the wounds.
It's just never been the same since Here and Now disbanded.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
Well if you don't fancy U2 the following acts are on at the same time - if Oxford are rubbish the alternative is watching people go in and out of the bowlplex.

The Flaming Lips
Groove Armada
Mos Def (with full live band)
Bootleg Beatles
The xx
DJ Fatboy Slim
New Model Army
Good Shoes

If none of those take your fancy the Cider bus is always very welcoming.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotscooter&quot wrote:
It's not been the same since it stopped being a free festival :cry:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
Well if you don't fancy U2 the following acts are on at the same time - if Oxford are rubbish the alternative is watching people go in and out of the bowlplex.

The Flaming Lips
Groove Armada
Mos Def (with full live band)
Bootleg Beatles
The xx
DJ Fatboy Slim
New Model Army
Good Shoes

If none of those take your fancy the Cider bus is always very welcoming.
Are New Model Army really still squeezing the final pennies from 51st State?
scooter
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by scooter »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotscooter&quot wrote:
It's not been the same since it stopped being a free festival :cry:
Don't know if you've come across this site http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/festival-updates.html , there are some very amusing reminiscences from 70's free festivals on there.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
Toots and the Maytals, Ray Davis, The Stranglers, Atilla the Stockbroker..you cannot go wrong my friend.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotscooter&quot wrote: Don't know if you've come across this site http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/festival-updates.html , there are some very amusing reminiscences from 70's free festivals on there.
Wow, that brings back a few memories! Can't spot any pics of me anywhere (which is probably just as well), but I went to loads of free fests (inc Stonehenge and Glastonbury) between '77 and '80 including quite a few that aren't listed on that site. Thinking about it, no wonder my memory's fucked!
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

There are apparently 700 tickets still left to sell, you could get through quite easily now by the sounds of it GY, should you want to.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Looking at the Diamonds web site doesn't look like the locals are going for this in too big a way. Still plenty of terrace places left - pay on the day? So no probs getting in for anyone?
And still 750 tickets left for May 3rd. We only gave them 1300 didn't we?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Thanks for the many private offers of help to get tickets and get to the game.

It's been much appreciated.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Just to annoy GY a bit more, the tickets (well the ones I collected at Nene Park) were printed up as OPPONENTS TBC, which means they were presumably available to give to the opposition last Saturday at 5pm.

So there are even fewer excuses for not selling until Tuesday
A) The ticket office were still in Eastbourne on a weekend jolly and fancied a quiet Monday?
B) Ticket office wanted Monday free to keep selling tickets to season ticket holder for the home leg?
C) The Conference meeting at Wembley on Monday was to confirm the between the clubs and Conference how the share of all 4 clubs' play-off ticket sales would be divided.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:C) The Conference meeting at Wembley on Monday was to confirm the between the clubs and Conference how the share of all 4 clubs' play-off ticket sales would be divided.
By that I assume you mean the income from them. No brainer surely. Each club keeps their home gate receipts but I bet the BSP take a cut (b******s)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:C) The Conference meeting at Wembley on Monday was to confirm the between the clubs and Conference how the share of all 4 clubs' play-off ticket sales would be divided.
By that I assume you mean the income from them. No brainer surely. Each club keeps their home gate receipts but I bet the BSP take a cut (b******s)
I was trying to see if there was anything on-line about this very topic, and all I could find was a football league pdf from several years ago, where the 4 play-off teams divided up net proceeds equally between all 4.

Been wondering if same applies in BSP.