Rushden

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Rushden

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Just read the ticket details for the away fixture.

How crap is it that they won't post tickets. This means that Exiles are really going to struggle to get tickets.

Why can't they add £5 and post the tickets by Special Delivery, for those who chose that method?

Why bother getting a season ticket, with the supposed rights that brings, if those rights are then unilaterally withdrawn?

Not impressed.

And the Conferenc can take a bashing as well as it is their stupid rules which provides such a short time space between the final fixtures and the play offs.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: Rushden

Post by Baboo »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:How crap is it that they won't post tickets. This means that Exiles are really going to struggle to get tickets.

And the Conference can take a bashing as well as it is their stupid rules which provides such a short time space between the final fixtures and the play offs.
Very crap - but there is no margin for error if there is any postal delay.
Most, if not all the blame should be placed at the Conference's door.
Wouldn't have been this issue of course if things had been decided before the last day.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

2800 is a lot of tickets. I would expect us to sell out - but not 100% guaranteed is it? It is obviously a lot further but we had quite a few less tickets for Exeter and still didn't sell them all.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Can't you pick the tickets up at Nene Park?

I am surprised nobody from Rushden is prepared to drop the tickets off at Oxford today so that the club can start selling on Monday.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: Why bother getting a season ticket, with the supposed rights that brings, if those rights are then unilaterally withdrawn?
ST holders do have the right to get a ticket from 9:30am Tuesday, and tickets only go on general sale from 7pm that day.

Agree with the other posts that it is ridiculous that the clubs hadn't mutually arranged to get tickets ready for Monday morning and postal delivery.

There are so many ways that things could have been done better. York and Rushden could have simply printed the tickets as &quotvs either Luton or Oxford&quot, boxed them up and had ready for delivery on Saturday 5pm. Chris Wilder could have picked them up from Rushden, Les Taylor from York.

Or pay the printers a few extra quid to work on them Saturday night, so someone could collect them and count them today. But why make an OUFC employee work a bit of overtime when instead the club can inconvenience hundreds of fans?

Sometimes I think of emailing ideas like this to the club, but they seem so bleeding obvious that I think it impossible the club hasn't already foreseen the problem. Make sure the pitch is playable for Boxing Day, don't play inelegible players, take the correct kit to away games ...
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

This does seem a ridiculous situation.

Lets hope it's just an unsupervised cock up by Calamity Brown and that once KT is made aware of the situation a system for telephone booking and collection at Rushden is put in place.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotscooter&quot wrote:Lets hope it's just an unsupervised cock up by Calamity Brown and that once KT is made aware of the situation a system for telephone booking and collection at Rushden is put in place.
Totally out of order.
So that's what you hope is it? So you can then blame one person. How very easy and convenient.
Ever heard of getting hold of the facts and then coming to an objective and fair opinion.
For what it is worth I would be very surprised if Kelvin was not aware of the situation.

And another for what it is worth - how about considering the fact that OUFC cannot force R&ampD (or York) to do anything in this regard.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Well it is another own goal for the club this time.

Can we collect the tickets at Rushden? Who knows?
Why are the tickets only on sale from Tuesday?

Sorry for the negativity, but lots of us exiles are asking these questions, which (begs or raises) the question as to why the club can't foresee the questions in the first place.

I'm hopefully giving a lift to 2 non-season ticket holders from London, who probably won't be able to confirm their tickets until Wednesday, yet where do we collect the tickets from for a Thursday match?
scooter
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by scooter »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotscooter&quot wrote:Lets hope it's just an unsupervised cock up by Calamity Brown and that once KT is made aware of the situation a system for telephone booking and collection at Rushden is put in place.
Totally out of order.
So that's what you hope is it? So you can then blame one person. How very easy and convenient.
Ever heard of getting hold of the facts and then coming to an objective and fair opinion.
For what it is worth I would be very surprised if Kelvin was not aware of the situation.

And another for what it is worth - how about considering the fact that OUFC cannot force R&ampD (or York) to do anything in this regard.
Hey calm down chap, that was a bit vitriolic.

So tell me the facts as you understand them.

Tell me why in a commercial environment two companies with mutual interests are not optimising the revenue available.

Tell me why OUFC needed to force R&ampD ( or York ) to do anything, all it needs is a discussion to enable commercial pragtimism to intervene and the problem will go away.

I apologise ( this seems to be a recurring experience on this forum ) if I've dared to criticise MB and upset you in the process, but this is another example of how we let the really simple things shoot us in the foot, we should be on a roll backing the team, but we're bickering about poorly thought through ticketing arrangements.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I sincerely hope collection at Rushden is an option. I'm not quite sure how I'll get hold of a ticket otherwise. I'll be in Cornwall until 2pm on Thursday.

Until we know whether this is the case or not, I don't think we should be overly critical.

Another thought - I can catch a plane or attend a gig simply by printing out an email confirmation from an online purchase. It shouldn't be rocket science to enable the same thing to happen for a football match. We can't blame OUFC for this not being possible for a match at someone else's ground though.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Just read the ticket details for the away fixture.

How crap is it that they won't post tickets. This means that Exiles are really going to struggle to get tickets.

Why can't they add £5 and post the tickets by Special Delivery, for those who chose that method?

Why bother getting a season ticket, with the supposed rights that brings, if those rights are then unilaterally withdrawn?

Not impressed.

And the Conferenc can take a bashing as well as it is their stupid rules which provides such a short time space between the final fixtures and the play offs.
Might see you in the queue on Tuesday!

2,800 tickets and 3,000 ST holders so I ain't taking no chances.
Long John Silver
Brat

Post by Long John Silver »

Why can't telephone bookings also be made from Monday for pick-up on Tuesday or Wednesday?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Just read the ticket details for the away fixture.

Not impressed.

Might see you in the queue on Tuesday!

2,800 tickets and 3,000 ST holders so I ain't taking no chances.
You won't see me in the queue. Unfortunately it just isn't possible to get to the stadium during the day for me. Whilst they are opening the ticket office until 8pm, that just won't be long enough, as the earliest I can get there (assuming traffic is good, is after 7.30pm, and with a long queue which will almost certainly be in place already, the chances of getting a ticket would be very small indeed. Not worth the risk and cost of travelling.

As it is, the match on Thursday night will be difficult to get to if I get a ticket. With no TV coverage, quite why it could not have been delayed until Saturday, giving the club more time to sell and distribute tickets, and almost certainly ensuring a match sell out, is absolutely ridiculous. I emailed Brian Lee about this last week and he couldn't even be arsed to reply. So he has had a more strident email today.

I've also emailed the club to ask why they can't allow special delivery for tickets.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I find the club is usually quite accomodating when it comes to multiple purchases by one ST holder for others - only the other day I bought tickets for AC and myself for the home game just by quoting his seat number and name. I didn't have to surrender a voucher - the vouchers in the ST book are a bit of a red herring, especially when it comes to phone orders, so it shouldn't take too much organising on here for people to help each other out. Perhaps you could come to an agreement with someone in the queue ( :wink: ) to buy tickets for a group of fellow ST holders?

I'm not volunteering though as I'll be re-qualifying (hopefully) on a driving course arranged weeks ago, including Thursday evening, which I absolutely cannot wriggle out of - the first evening driving course I've had to do in twenty-bloody-seven years!
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

Presumably you could place a phone order and simply collect from reception in the evening or arrange with the club to allow someone else to collect the ticket.

Or give someone else your details that could meet you at the game