Barrow

Anything yellow and blue
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:Just about the worst draw imaginable.
away would have been worse!

i was pleased with it. we should feel confident about beating them at home, and there's not too much of the 'cup magic' about it in the way there would have been had we been drawn against staines or someone.

win this one then away at arsenal please.
Andrewmaha
Brat

Post by Andrewmaha »

Mixed reception to the draw (as there always will be).

It's a good draw because:-
a) It's a home draw and as the gate recepit is shared 50/50 with the away team then we stand a good chance of one of the highest attendances in the round and therefore some cash.
b) It's not against a lower league team playing their own 'cup final' so therefore no embarrassment if we were to lose.
c) It's against a team that generally speaking we should beat and therefore get us into the 3rd round and the potential of a big pay day.

It's a bad draw because:-
a) Of the small % chance of an away replay on a Tuesday night which will not be good for general squad morale.

Therefore let's go with the 'its a good draw' vote.

I do agree with the general tone of &quotif it's level after 89 mins then score an own goal&quot.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotAndrewmaha&quot wrote:Mixed reception to the draw (as there always will be).

It's a good draw because:-
a) It's a home draw and as the gate recepit is shared 50/50 with the away team then we stand a good chance of one of the highest attendances in the round and therefore some cash.
b) It's not against a lower league team playing their own 'cup final' so therefore no embarrassment if we were to lose.
c) It's against a team that generally speaking we should beat and therefore get us into the 3rd round and the potential of a big pay day.

It's a bad draw because:-
a) Of the small % chance of an away replay on a Tuesday night which will not be good for general squad morale.

Therefore let's go with the 'its a good draw' vote.

I do agree with the general tone of &quotif it's level after 89 mins then score an own goal&quot.
I think some of the players have enjoyed the away overnight trips with training away the afternoon before (Scotland, Barrow, Gateshead, York) and are missing them now.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Best scenario = don’t get complacent with this poxy lot then go to Old Trafford and get well stuffed (both on the field and in our bank account) and romp the Conference.

Worst scenario = Draw, then lose the replay after extra time. Confidence drops. ‘Top of the League and you fucked it up’ heard yet again from the away section of the North Stand in April.

Actual scenario = Get ready to post up some exceptionally unusual events when the time comes for the Hat predictions on this game.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Pleased with the draw as there so many worse options especially after Southampton and Leeds had come out of the hat.

Quite funny listening to Rosenthal trying to be knowledgable without breaking into a Jeff Stelling type purr about Chris Wilder.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

As predicted above by moi, Barrow fans are not thrilled with the draw:

http://barrowafc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&ampt=7109
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Quite funny listening to Rosenthal trying to be knowledgable without breaking into a Jeff Stelling type purr about Chris Wilder.
Unfortunately, I was engrossed by Jerome &amp Co commentating on the game at the Pireilli Stadium so I missed the TV stuff from the bloke who wore that baseball hat with horns on it 23 years ago (and risked his job/career for doing that).

No pressure here, but Rosenthal needs to put his cards on the table and decide whether he wants to be a celebrity supporter of Oxford United (like Timmy M.) or be a proper player in the future of our club.

JR did his best as one of the four individuals in the GoF –v- Kassam stuff when things got financially tricky for Oxford United a while ago, but to be honest the gang he joined was collectively funnier than the Muppet Show.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Quite funny listening to Rosenthal trying to be knowledgable without breaking into a Jeff Stelling type purr about Chris Wilder.
Unfortunately, I was engrossed by Jerome &amp Co commentating on the game at the Pireilli Stadium so I missed the TV stuff from the bloke who wore that baseball hat with horns on it 23 years ago (and risked his job/career for doing that).

No pressure here, but Rosenthal needs to put his cards on the table and decide whether he wants to be a celebrity supporter of Oxford United (like Timmy M.) or be a proper player in the future of our club.

JR did his best as one of the four individuals in the GoF –v- Kassam stuff when things got financially tricky for Oxford United a while ago, but to be honest the gang he joined was collectively funnier than the Muppet Show.
My guess is that he'll end up a director of OUFC before the end of 2011.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

He was the chief Muppet.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:

My guess is that he'll end up a director of OUFC before the end of 2011.
Non executive I hope and pray.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Jim is just a sideshow. I thought you knew everything there was to be known about Oxford United. When are you going to start showing it Snake? :wink:
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Jim is just a sideshow. I thought you knew everything there was to be known about Oxford United. When are you going to start showing it Snake? :wink:
Oooh! Is that an &quotI've got some inside information and I'm going to gloat about it&quot type of comment?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: Unfortunately, I was engrossed by Jerome &amp Co commentating on the game at the Pireilli Stadium so I missed the TV stuff from the bloke who wore that baseball hat with horns on it 23 years ago (and risked his job/career for doing that).

Oooh! Is that an &quotI've got some inside information and I'm going to gloat about it&quot type of comment?
I love these &quotI know more than you&quot arguments.

Fight, fight, fight....
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Heh heh, I know someone who is currently trying to put together a bid for both the club and stadium!

Do I win?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Heh heh, I know someone who is currently trying to put together a bid for both the club and stadium!

Do I win?
But does he know the recent developments re the stadium? :wink: