And I don't mind saying...

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

And I don't mind saying...

Post by Kernow Yellow »

...that I'm now massively excited about Sunday. Partly because it will be my first game of the season, but mostly because I would so desperately love to see us win at the C*unty Ground. We're getting better, they're getting worse, we're even above them in the table! I assume there are some on this board who were there in '73, but my visits to Sw*ndon have mainly been pretty miserable.

My first few trips there ended in three goal thrashings, and my last ended up with some members of Hampshire constabulary (who had been drafted in for the day) making me stand in amongst a group of Sw*ndon fans who were smashing shop windows and going through their repertoire of hating Oxford songs. When I tried to explain very quietly that I was just trying to get to the station (on my own) to get a train to London, and that I had nothing to do with the mob I'd been lumped in with, I was shoved hard in the chest with a truncheon and told that if I tried to speak to the officer again I'd be 'fucking nicked'. Happy days.

But I also remember the delerium of Moody's goal in '95, and the general buzz around Slumdon games. Please let Sunday be one of the better days...
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

My first game of the season too...

I am traveling down from Leeds and just found out that after 24 years this would be my last weekend with a 'home' in Oxford as my parents are moving away - Gutted! So i'm really hoping that Oxford make it an emotional weekend to remember.

I'm praying we get a result, whether it's a win or at worst a score draw.

Any ideas on the team?

At the moment i'd go for...

Clarke
Davis, Wright, Duberry, Whing
Heslop, McLaren, Leven
Smalley, Constable, Guy/JPP/Potter

COYY
EIEIEIO
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

My first ever visit to the County Ground was in 1973.