This is Britain

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

This is Britain

Post by Baboo »

Just watched This is Britain on iPlayer. (Not This is England)
Andrew Marr's documentary about the census - about three mins are recorded at the Kasstad pre-match. (Approx 19 mins in) Can't work out why they chose our home although the empty no mans land between the two sets of supporters was used to illustrate &quotmissing&quot.
I was not even aware that the cameras had been present. The club gets a mention in the credits.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

I noticed the mention in the credits as I turned over to see the next programme after it (Wonders of the Universe I think), was surprised to see the credit to the club.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Did they mention that Oxford gets shafted by students not returning their census forms? Various government grants are based on the population size reported by the census. The 2001 census showed the population of the City as nine per cent lower than it should have been. I think the universities and other colleges should take more responsibility and ensure that all census forms are returned.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:Did they mention that Oxford gets shafted by students not returning their census forms? Various government grants are based on the population size reported by the census. The 2001 census showed the population of the City as nine per cent lower than it should have been. I think the universities and other colleges should take more responsibility and ensure that all census forms are returned.
Don't think they did. I do recall it being reported somewhere else though.

Scandalous isn't it. If it is known that the figures are 9% light then why don't the powers that be take that into account. Commonsense surely. Students don't pay Council tax so don't give a damn. All they have to do is fill a bloody form in. Junior filled his in at his Uni, it's not difficult just tedious. Tax payers getting shafted again.