OxVox

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

OxVox

Post by Snake »

Things seem to have moved on in terms of personnel, to say the least.

Can I start by suggesting that at the AGM next Saturday:

a) We change our name. ‘UFO’ springs to mind.

b) Stop messing around trying to maintain an independent Internet forum that few people read or contribute to.

c) Allow domestic cats to join, so long as they have the cash to flash (‘Sooty’ has loads of dosh and I do realise that’s another one in my collection of very crap ideas).

d) Pass a vote of thanks to Trevor and Sally et al for all the work they have done during the ongoing transition from the Kassam era to the Lenagan one. Trev has stated that he’s been at it for 9 years but he’s done a lot more time than that if you include his years in FOUL.

Unfortunately I can’t be at the AGM on Saturday as I have a previously arranged engagement at Oxy Chinese with my family at 13:30 prior to the Crewe game, and I’m not a current member, but I wish all paid-up members well in sorting out your difficulties.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re: OxVox

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Things seem to have moved on in terms of personnel, to say the least.

Can I start by suggesting that at the AGM next Saturday:

a) We change our name. ‘UFO’ springs to mind.

b) Stop messing around trying to maintain an independent Internet forum that few people read or contribute to.

c) Allow domestic cats to join, so long as they have the cash to flash (‘Sooty’ has loads of dosh and I do realise that’s another one in my collection of very crap ideas).

d) Pass a vote of thanks to Trevor and Sally et al for all the work they have done during the ongoing transition from the Kassam era to the Lenagan one. Trev has stated that he’s been at it for 9 years but he’s done a lot more time than that if you include his years in FOUL.

Unfortunately I can’t be at the AGM on Saturday as I have a previously arranged engagement at Oxy Chinese with my family at 13:30 prior to the Crewe game, and I’m not a current member, but I wish all paid-up members well in sorting out your difficulties.

'UFO' ? Goes straight in at number 1 of Snaky's most obvious OxVox wind ups. Enjoy your Chinese.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Not a wind up at all.

United Fans of Oxford.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

As the OxVox forum doesn't get a flurry of posts, I'd like to add my comments to this thread and fine forum.

I've been on the committee for just approaching three years and I'd like to pass my thanks onto the four individuals who are stepping down at the forthcoming AGM.

Trevor Lambert, Neil Carter, Chris Davis and Tim Rosser have all contributed enormous amounts of personal free time to develop the Supporters Trust and as a member, I am grateful. The work people put in is well above what is expected and it has been a pleasure working with them all.

Life moves on, the Trust will move on and we have two enthusiastic individuals ready to fill a couple of committee spaces (subject to members approval). Both Matt Cavill and Terry Winter will be known to some of you and they will bring their own attributes.

No doubt, we will send some communication out in the next week clarifying and explaining the new committee and roles.

What I am certain about is that as a Trust and Committee we will continue to build on the foundations and build on the relationships we have with the Club whilst maintaining an Independent Supporters Trust.

We don't have many difficulties thankfully, Snake. I'll take your other points on board though :wink:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Why don't you just say that Mark will be taking over from Trevor rather than pretending some kind of democratic event will happen at the AGM on Saturday?
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

You do make me laugh, Snakey! :lol:

We intend to discuss the Chairman position at the AGM on Saturday. I guess Mark may have an outside chance :wink:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Why don't you just say that Mark will be taking over from Trevor rather than pretending some kind of democratic event will happen at the AGM on Saturday?
Ok, I'll ask the question again.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Why don't you just say that Mark will be taking over from Trevor rather than pretending some kind of democratic event will happen at the AGM on Saturday?
Ok, I'll ask the question again.
Here you go Snake, I've just posted up a brief precis of the AGM:

http&#58//www&#46oxvox&#46org&#46uk/news&#46aspx?id=254

The democratic event which took place at the AGM was the election of two new committee members. Choice of Chairman is carried out by the new Committee when it meets next week, but seeing as we only have one Committee member with the situation, inclination, or willingness to give the time necessary to carry out this role, we feel safe to say that we can announce Mark Sennett as the new Trust Chairman.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

In addition, we have some further vacancies up for grabs to join this new look committee.

Apply within Snake. :wink:
YeOx
Toddler

Re:

Post by YeOx »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:In addition, we have some further vacancies up for grabs to join this new look committee.

Apply within Snake. :wink:
You sure know how to shut him up! :lol:
UTM.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

and my pet signed up to be a new member.
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

Here we go one day in to my tenure and Simon's already apologising for me! Yep not a great photo but what can you do. The article though got over what we wanted the fact that we aim to raise awareness about what we do and why fans should join.

We've made some excellent achievements in recent years and we must now build on that and in turn aim to build our membership. But we have plans in place to do this and I am confident that the new look committee will be a big success.

Snake I look forward to hearing any feedback you have over the coming weeks and months...perhaps you might consider rejoining? Or better yet sign up yourself on behalf of your cat. Who would be better to represent your cat's interests at an OxVox meeting than you?!
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Day 2.

My cat would like to join. Ditto for Fudge.
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

And my litle Ruby would like to join too.....please.Image
To err is human - to forgive is divine