Pick your York XI

Anything yellow and blue
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Pick your York XI

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

As we shall presumably not be putting out a full team at York, who would you like to see turning out for the Yellows on a one-off basis? Any past or present players - or, indeed, historical figures associated with Oxfordshire - may be included (e.g. Latimer, Ridley and Cranmer in the three centre back positions).
entirely disenchanted
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Horton, EJ on the left wing.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

harrison in goal...
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

there's a guy who sits not far from me in the east stand who i gather would like to see his mum given a run out rather than duffy...
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:there's a guy who sits not far from me in the east stand who i gather would like to see his mum given a run out rather than duffy...
Stick him up front with his Mum - soon see how difficult playing football is then. Reminds me of the time when West Ham were playing Oxford City in a friendly and a gobby Hammers fan from MK (hope he's still following WHU FC and not franchise) was thrown a pair of boots &amp told to get on and do better. Apparently he had a reasonable second half.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

I think Richard I and his brother John would make a very effective good-cop, bad-cop centre half pairing and both would be loved by the Oxford fans as they were both born in Beaumont Palace (although John better watch out if the team coach stops for a break in Sherwood Forest). Sweeping up and fighting them on the landing fields would be Churchill. Roger Bannister would run the centre of midfield and John Otway would play centre forward, hoping to score with one of his 'headbutts'.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I'd like to se that old Oxford &quotcharacter&quot Joyce in midfield with Hargreaves. Perfect if there's going to be &quothandbags&quot.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:I'd like to se that old Oxford &quotcharacter&quot Joyce in midfield with Hargreaves. Perfect if there's going to be &quothandbags&quot.
Joyce - crickey ..... didn't he die years ago. Apparently perfectly sane until his wife died then he went a bit funny and changed somewhat. Sad really.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Can we find a place for the Phantom Doorbell-Taper of Chinnor? They'll never catch him.
entirely disenchanted
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:I'd like to se that old Oxford &quotcharacter&quot Joyce in midfield with Hargreaves. Perfect if there's going to be &quothandbags&quot.
Joyce - crickey ..... didn't he die years ago. Apparently perfectly sane until his wife died then he went a bit funny and changed somewhat. Sad really.
Ah yes the charismatic bus conductor.

Tolkien on the right wing for me. Lewis Carrol as youth team manager.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Tsk, naughty.
entirely disenchanted