OUFC Accounts 2012

Anything yellow and blue
dr ceri
Brat

Re: OUFC Accounts 2012

Post by dr ceri »

Actually JoeysToe, Kassam selling the club without the ground wasn't what I was talking about. And you can just as much blame IL/WP for not buying both together instead of taking just the one. I said as much at the time, so your 'I told you so' doesn't really stand... I was talking about the move to Minchery Farm from the Manor. I don't remember too many people saying anything at the time, let alone you (or whatever your handle was on one of the forums back then).

*edited once as i weirdly put hotel/ground rather than club/ground in the first line.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

Fair play, I missed the distinction between the splitting of the two entities and the selling of one without the other. Still think I'm entitled to my &quotI told you so&quot (you plural, not you singular) on Ka$$am's broken promise.

Any thoughts on my other point re: the manager's profligate spending?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

As an aside issue, I saw Chris Allen’s wife today (she uses the same gym as me in North Leigh) and it made me wonder/reminded me how many first team minutes have any of this successful group played for Oxford United this season?

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfor ... iss_title/
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Roughly the same as Darren Patterson's U18 title winning side a few years back.....
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:
&quotty cobb&quot wrote:We are essentially hanstrung by not owning the stadium I think, movement needs to be made here and I look forward to hearing about the hard work OxVox have been doing on this.
We hope to be in a position to start making some comment on this in the coming week(s). Appreciate that you and others are keen to see what we've been upto on this and we just need to sort a few things out before we make a statement.
New mouse mats and badges?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:One other thing that did jump out was the increase in Admin Expenses. After deducting the £150k relating to the youth set up, then the increase is almost £200k which is an increase of around 20%. I would be interested in what this is made up of and is a question I would like to know the answer too.

Something which the 2012 accounts won't show but the 2013 will, is the saving in wages of Mr T.
Good point, Simon. £80k a year for a proper full time (and doing much more than the standard 40 hours a week) Chief Exec to run a football club that is now £6m in (soft?) debt could be seen as a very sensible decision by WPL and nothing to do with nepotism.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotSnake&quot wrote: Good point, Simon. £80k a year for a proper full time (and doing much more than the standard 40 hours a week) Chief Exec to run a football club that is now £6m in (soft?) debt could be seen as a very sensible decision by WPL and nothing to do with nepotism.
Indeed. And with a full time Chief Exec there would be no confusion over any loans made to the business would there?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: Good point, Simon. £80k a year for a proper full time (and doing much more than the standard 40 hours a week) Chief Exec to run a football club that is now £6m in (soft?) debt could be seen as a very sensible decision by WPL and nothing to do with nepotism.
Indeed. And with a full time Chief Exec there would be no confusion over any loans made to the business would there?
Nor any confusion over who is responsible for ensuring medicals are given to all new signings.
Nor any confusion over exactly how much money the club owes.

Many of us might wish to re-assess the performance of a certain previous OUFC employee.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
Nor any confusion over who is responsible for ensuring medicals are given to all new signings.
In League II the medicals players get are very different to the ones used further up the football pyramid so this rubbish about the players not getting ‘proper’ medicals is bunkum. It’s a question of financial balance and risk taking and then paying insurance premiums based on the results. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t, and at Oxford United’s level the expenditure gamble would be presented to the board to make a decision on. An MRI scan alone costs thousands, a CT scan about a grand, and then you have to pay a radiographer to interpret the computer images and an even more highly paid consultant to give you advice, usually without prejudice.

p.s. I'd also like to echo the sentiments of others who like to see GY posting on this board again.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:In League II the medicals players get are very different to the ones used further up the football pyramid so this rubbish about the players not getting ‘proper’ medicals is bunkum. It’s a question of financial balance and risk taking and then paying insurance premiums based on the results. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t, and at Oxford United’s level the expenditure gamble would be presented to the board to make a decision on. An MRI scan alone costs thousands, a CT scan about a grand, and then you have to pay a radiographer to interpret the computer images and an even more highly paid consultant to give you advice, usually without prejudice.

p.s. I'd also like to echo the sentiments of others who like to see GY posting on this board again.
Last time I checked it was £5,000 for a full body MRI scan including interpretation of results. I can't imagine that a league 2 player requires that level of medical.

Cost of MRI scan is only a few hundred pounds per region scanned: http&#58//www&#46privatehealth&#46co&#4 ... an-prices/

Even without MRI scans, that doesn't excuse lack of medicals based on physio assessments, fitness tests, and injury history reviews, which are in essence free.

With all due respect to Snake, the cost v benefit analysis of scans v insurance (and insurance is I understand rarely, if ever, paid at this level) applied at Swansea and presented to their board for signing multi-million deals is a very different process to that which happens in league 2 to sign someone on £50k per year. At this level we should be able to expect routine in house tests that I've referred to, on every single player proposed to be signed, and regional MRI scans where a possible problem exists. And only then when satisfactory results are obtained, should a player be signed. My understanding is that this process was rarely applied at OUFC.

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.