Sw*ndon Away

Anything yellow and blue
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

All sorted now. One of our party (Slumdon fan) assures we can all get in in their end (the quiet section) Where's that? I don't know.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Consider yourself corrected!

Any other myths you want dispelling? :wink:
Thanks for that fact, and yeah I’ll take you up on “myths
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:Away game has been moved to 1pm Sunday 21st and Home game in March will be a 12.45 k/o
The home game is a 12:00 kick off now.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Indeed, no shame in asking at all - I was being facetious as I suspect you know! Far be it from me to justify the costs involved as I wouldn't want to!

I can't speak for TVP but I suspect that very little (if any) football duty in Hampshire is on overtime these days unless a match is arranged at short notice. If Hampshire had to look after the games you are talking about and had the notice which TVP have then it is likely that they would use people from duty strength and cancel the rest days of any other officers they needed which they can do without compensation (other than re-allocating the day off) if they give sufficient notice.

I'm not sure if the FC still only has to pay for officers deployed inside the ground but you might like to ask what the hourly rate is they claim per officer and then compare it to the hourly rate actually paid to the officer! I could hazard a guess but it would be better for you to ask them direct!

You might also be interested to know that Oxfordshire rate payers will soon be paying for TVP officers to patrol the roads of Hampshire and Isle of Wight*.

* Well, perhaps not the Isle of Wight!
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Re:

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:All sorted now. One of our party (s*****n fan) assures we can all get in in their end (the quiet section) Where's that? I don't know.
hmm - I don't think that will go down too well. It's going to happen though if we don't get enough of an allocation! Surely it will be All Ticket?
EIEIEIO
Aylesbury Rich
Brat

Re:

Post by Aylesbury Rich »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Indeed, no shame in asking at all - I was being facetious as I suspect you know! Far be it from me to justify the costs involved as I wouldn't want to!

I can't speak for TVP but I suspect that very little (if any) football duty in Hampshire is on overtime these days unless a match is arranged at short notice. If Hampshire had to look after the games you are talking about and had the notice which TVP have then it is likely that they would use people from duty strength and cancel the rest days of any other officers they needed which they can do without compensation (other than re-allocating the day off) if they give sufficient notice.
I'm not sure if the FC still only has to pay for officers deployed inside the ground but you might like to ask what the hourly rate is they claim per officer and then compare it to the hourly rate actually paid to the officer! I could hazard a guess but it would be better for you to ask them direct!

You might also be interested to know that Oxfordshire rate payers will soon be paying for TVP officers to patrol the roads of Hampshire and Isle of Wight*.

Precisely. The only time officers are paid overtime at football is if something unexpected happens, e.g. a sudden outbreak of violence.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:I'm always looking at different alternatives as far as ticket allocations are concerned. On reflection I think I got that one slightly wrong. I guess I'll them all to buy a ST, they wont though.
Arsenal have an away season ticket scheme, where you guarantee to buy an away ticket for every EPL fixture and the FA Cup up to 6th round, and you also get priority for league cup and Europe. I wonder if we will ever need one of those?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotAylesbury Rich&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:Indeed, no shame in asking at all - I was being facetious as I suspect you know! Far be it from me to justify the costs involved as I wouldn't want to!

Precisely. The only time officers are paid overtime at football is if something unexpected happens, e.g. a sudden outbreak of violence.
That’s fine then, as a sudden outbreak of violence is not something that would be unexpected.

Anyone want to guess just how much the two games will cost both clubs come the end of the season?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Same question but with a different spin: anyone want to guess just how much the idiot 'fans' will cost both clubs come the end of the season?

The crap being spouted already on TiU or whatever it's called is nauseating.
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

Is anyone with a season ticket not planning on attending this? If so then I would be very grateful if I could buy your ticket off you for the game - with a bit extra obviously! I'm traveling down from Leeds just for the match and am determined to go... :D
EIEIEIO
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotAylesbury Rich&quot wrote:Precisely. The only time officers are paid overtime at football is if something unexpected happens, e.g. a sudden outbreak of violence.
Isn't there a bit of a conflict of interest there? Being paid if something happens that you're supposed to prevent?
broke and obscure
Baby

Re:

Post by broke and obscure »

[quote=&quotHog&quot]Same question but with a different spin: anyone want to guess just how much the idiot 'fans' will cost both clubs come the end of the season?

couldn't agree more.
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

Thanks to Paul Cooper for getting back to me...

I tried to PM you back but am unsure if the message got across to you?
EIEIEIO