SWA
Puberty

GAME OFF TODAY

Post by SWA »

CONFIRMED
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

If the weather forecast for later in the week is accurate, it will be -5 in Stevenage on Friday night, and -7 on Saturday night.

Anyone care to take a punt on yet another postponement ?

I'm not sure what this might mean for the likes of Futcher, Maclean and Wotton - presumably we pay their wages (or a proportion) based on time rather than appearances, but with only one game in a month......
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

i just said to some of my mates by phone i would not be amazed if stevenages next two home games against us and barnet were called off to save the pitch for the newcastle game in the fa cup but i could just be a old sceptic
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Pitch inspection at 10.30.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

OFF - No surprise.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Poxy football club. Making it all ticket, so I buy a ticket, then relaxing it to pay-on-the-day knowing that the game would be in doubt. The chaps in the ticket office at the Kas were livid when i called them up to buy some additional tickets for Tues. Apparently they even sent the wrong number (less? fewer? come on pedants!) to OUFC to sell and then didn't inform them of their change of policy.

A plus point is that we keep the money for ticket sales until the next game. So that £19k in our coffers, not theirs, until the game is re-arranged.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote: A plus point is that we keep the money for ticket sales until the next game. So that £19k in our coffers, not theirs, until the game is re-arranged.
Except it won't be because plenty will want their money back as they won't be able to get to the game when it is re-scheduled.

Ane here's an extract from their match preview - &quotMidfielder Dannie Bulman and defender Laurence Gaughan will be pushing for starting berths after they both signed for the U's this week.&quot Tossers.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

And from our more sensible site - &quotEven though the pitch had covers on, when they took them off the pitch froze up immediately, and with temperatures likely to stay bellowing freezing all day it will stay that way.&quot

As if we had not known for days now that this is exactly what was going to happen, what with the known freezing conditions. Stevenage should have come clean and got it called ages ago. Tossers.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

my text from oufc came through at 10.24 i had joined the stevenage one on friday to get their updates and it came through from them at 11.04 will now cancel theirs
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:And from our more sensible site - &quotEven though the pitch had covers on, when they took them off the pitch froze up immediately, and with temperatures likely to stay bellowing freezing all day it will stay that way.&quot

As if we had not known for days now that this is exactly what was going to happen, what with the known freezing conditions. Stevenage should have come clean and got it called ages ago. Tossers.
Can we call the Macclesfield game off early as well so I can arrange something else to do on Tuesday
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Can we call the Macclesfield game off early as well so I can arrange something else to do on Tuesday
But the weather forecast suggests that there is a good chance that it will be on.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:Can we call the Macclesfield game off early as well so I can arrange something else to do on Tuesday
But the weather forecast suggests that there is a good chance that it will be on.
And surely it will be on now. Overnight rain and temperatures well above freezing. Bring on some football!