Frozen pitch, Barnet game at risk

Anything yellow and blue
wightyellow
Puberty

Post by wightyellow »

club says they are getting covers. calm down.
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Page 20 of the licence agreement.

Part 2 - The Services

The licensor will supply the following

4.1. Any equipment required by the governing body of football as requested by the Club.

(Now look up definitions of the word &quotsupply&quot and you can see where the problem is. i.e. the word &quotfinance&quot is different.)

Page 8 of the licence agreement.

Licensor's Obligations

To maintain the pitch and stadium to the standard required by a reasonable professional football club in the same league as the Club from time to time.

(Now look up &quotreasonable&quot and &quotfrom time to time&quot).

I dunno, if only we'd not been in such a rush to get that document signed then proper lawyers may have got it right over the summer, as well as not mucking about with a team that were being quoted as 7-1 against to be relegated on the day before it was finalised. Easy mistake to make but it may as well have said “Firoka will regularly give WPL ten million quid
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

was talking to chris williams today he is confident that saturdays game will go ahead ,not to sure about reserves at diddy on wednesday though
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:club says they are getting covers. calm down.
That's ok then.
Presumably they'll have some magical properties to thaw out the already frozen ground.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:club says they are getting covers. calm down.
So they can cover a frozen pitch. That'll help. Not.

Knowing OUFC, there'll be a line of 50 players and staff moving slowly down the pitch with hairdriers on Saturday morning.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:was talking to chris williams today he is confident that saturdays game will go ahead ,not to sure about reserves at diddy on wednesday though
Well, according to the BBC weather forecast the temperature isn't forecast to rise above freezing AT ALL between tonight and saturday morning. So if it's true that the pitch is currently frozen then I'd be very surprised if Saturday's game were on.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

The cynic in me says the club will continue to say they ae confident of the game being on, because that way they sell more tickets, which are not likely to be returned for a refund come the re-arranged fixture on a Tuesday night, which would otherwise have a much reduced crowd.

It would be very easy to come Saturday lunchtime claim that as far the club are concerned the pitch is ok, whilst the ref calls it off, or that the weather was unpredictable.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

They have hired heaters before. These are expensive to run. I expect they will wait and see before deplying them.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

Missed the news. Is it really cold over there at the moment, or something...? :D
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote:Missed the news. Is it really cold over there at the moment, or something...? :D
Rather these freezing conditions than live surround by Aussies.

Oh, hang on...
BigCrompy
Puberty

Re:

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote:Missed the news. Is it really cold over there at the moment, or something...? :D
Rather these freezing conditions than live surround by Aussies.

Oh, hang on...
....Cockneys...?!?

Believe me, a week into 2011 there will be no better place to live than surrounded by Aussies. There is gonna be a huge boom in Kleenex sales when they wave that ol' urn off....
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

Have been up to the stadium this morning both wings are covered in front of south and north stand middle of pitch is uncovered
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

What do we reckon today then chaps?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Game on!

Light snow showers forecast for today (this morning's snow has already melted) and temps above freezing for Sat. KT was on the radio this morning, standing on the pitch (he alleged) and reckoned that barring any unforeseen snowfall the game was 90% certain to proceed. Covers were down and hot-air blowers were being used on the worst bits, and the uni groundstaff were working all hours to ensure the game goes ahead.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Game on!

Light snow showers forecast for today (this morning's snow has already melted) and temps above freezing for Sat. KT was on the radio this morning, standing on the pitch (he alleged) and reckoned that barring any unforeseen snowfall the game was 90% certain to proceed. Covers were down and hot-air blowers were being used on the worst bits, and the uni groundstaff were working all hours to ensure the game goes ahead.
I've just watched the Yellow Player report. covers are on, warm air blowers, Chris Williams has poked a screwdriver in the pitch with ease. unless there is a marked drop in temperatures game should go ahead.

Whether I can get to it is another question!