TiU

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I note that to date we have 55 new forum members on here (and OxVox have 13) since Newscrap went and screwed up TiU.

TiU Mark II have 168 members but most of them have in the main only posted stuff about how bad the forum is from the brief look I had today. Oddly enough, they still have not banned me for what I've posted so far. I mean, come on, you'd think that suggesting that their admin should find a different job would be enough for me to be chucked out, surely? How insulting do I need to be I wonder..

I've even gone to the trouble of &quotreporting&quot my own comments regarding their admin as being abusive. Not that I know if that button works.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'd be happy for you to suggest that I get a new job, and if you can arrange an interview and a decent salary I'd be well chuffed.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:or clears them selectively ...
He he
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotadmin&quot wrote:I'd be happy for you to suggest that I get a new job, and if you can arrange an interview and a decent salary I'd be well chuffed.
Mmm. Now there's a thought. Do you need an agent?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:or clears them selectively ...
http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2163
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:I note that to date we have 55 new forum members on here (and OxVox have 13) since Newscrap went and screwed up TiU.

TiU Mark II have 168 members but most of them have in the main only posted stuff about how bad the forum is from the brief look I had today. Oddly enough, they still have not banned me for what I've posted so far. I mean, come on, you'd think that suggesting that their admin should find a different job would be enough for me to be chucked out, surely? How insulting do I need to be I wonder..

I've even gone to the trouble of &quotreporting&quot my own comments regarding their admin as being abusive. Not that I know if that button works.
p.s. It appears it does work, as my last two postings have been very quickly removed. This is more fun than playing chess with Ed/Justin Horton. Is it your move or mine next, TiU admin*?

* = Or should I call you &quotGod of #oufc free speech?&quot
Paul Cannell
Embryo

Post by Paul Cannell »

I called the moderators shit eaters and they haven't deleted me. That's usually a good way to get banned. I can't be arsed to up the stakes, tho.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:I note that to date we have 55 new forum members on here (and OxVox have 13) since Newscrap went and screwed up TiU.
Make that 56.

Have to say, even as someone who wanted the 'new' TiU to work, this forum is by far and away better-designed and more intuitive.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotJoey's Toe&quot wrote:
Make that 56.

Have to say, even as someone who wanted the 'new' TiU to work, this forum is by far and away better-designed and more intuitive.
Now 61 new RageOnline members in just 4 days.

Also worth noting is that TiU currently have only 177 members (most of whom appear to have registered just for a look at how crap it is) while this forum has 434 members.

Now, where would you rather post if you wanted to get your views aired?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

It is a shame that TIU seems to be on its last legs, at least in the new incarnation. It had the most readers and posters of the forums (fora?), and so naturally the most gossip reactions and discussion but was also most prone to multis and trolling.

The Rageonline forum is better behaved, with a knowing wink to correct use of spelling and grammar, but perhaps a bit inhibiting to outsiders.

The Oxvox forum I visit on occasion, but have only used it as a depository for useful links such as the FA Cup Rules and so on. I would post a link to the Football League rules too, however these are only available in print and at a cost of I think £18.

So it seems I am now left with the proboards forum for instant match feedback and gossip and general silliness. The i-phone app also seems to work fairly well for that place.

A few people who seem to have inside information about the ownership and management of the club seem to be TIU'ers, and not interested in posting on Rageonline. This is a shame as a several of us post on both, but to catch the inside information resort to TIU.

I don't approve of the extra features (adverts, videos, moving scripts) on the new pro-boards forum, as it diverts from discussion, but perhaps that is what the youngsters want these days.
admin
Site Admin

Re:

Post by admin »

&quotPaul Cannell&quot wrote:I called the moderators shit eaters and they haven't deleted me. That's usually a good way to get banned. I can't be arsed to up the stakes, tho.
Call me a shit eater and I'd probably consider it a compliment. Either that or send the big admin boys round to nail your head to the floor.
Paul Cannell
Embryo

Post by Paul Cannell »

You have to earn that accolade, sah!
Aylesbury Rich
Brat

Post by Aylesbury Rich »

Welcome! Have finally joined the thinking supporters forum as I was highly disappointed with the layout of the Oxford Mail forum. Looking forward to some intelligent discourse on here :D
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotAylesbury Rich&quot wrote:Welcome! Have finally joined the thinking supporters forum as I was highly disappointed with the layout of the Oxford Mail forum. Looking forward to some intelligent discourse on here :D
Watch out for Godalming Yellow ... :wink:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotAylesbury Rich&quot wrote:Welcome! Have finally joined the thinking supporters forum as I was highly disappointed with the layout of the Oxford Mail forum. Looking forward to some intelligent discourse on here :D
Watch out for Godalming Yellow ... :wink:
Ha! And also watch out for anyone else who is passionate about the way Oxford United is run if you don’t want to be publically embarrassed by others who hold that view and can use the English language properly.

TiU died because Newsquest lost control of who posted on there, imo, so I wish this site (TiU II? - http://yellows.proboards.com/) the best of luck.