Has Wilder finished his summer shopping?

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Has Wilder finished his summer shopping?

Post by Swissbloke »

I hope there's still room for another striker in the squad.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

With Woodley back playing with the youth team again last night, it seems to me that Wilder doesn't think he is ready for full first team action yet, even though he travelled with the rest of the first team to Scotland and played. At the fans' forum Wilder was clearly struggling to justify Woodley, saying he had scored several goals (at youth team level) - but it seemed more of a sign him before he goes elsewhere for free tactic by the club. He made a few minutes of substitute appearances for the first team, but nothing significant. The hope was that he will continue to develop.

So, we are back to Green, Constable and Midson, with potentially Asa Hall making moves forward from midfield. I don't think Constable and Green are up to a 46 match league season without injuries or being rested.

So I foresee someone coming in on a 6 month loan.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

The pitch may have been hard and bumpy last night and the service not great but young Aaron did nothing last night that made me think he looked first team.

In comparison with watching Alex Fisher play against Winchester a few years back when he stood out.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

What's happened to the rumours about Obika? They were pretty strong a couple of weeks ago but seem to have faded away.
Druid
Baby

Post by Druid »

Was disappointed with both West and Woodley last night.
Thought Owen and Parrish did ok, and Silver was good.
Who were nos 6 and 7 for us?
lesbatemanslawnmower
Sperm

franks

Post by lesbatemanslawnmower »

Heard just now that he has signed for 6 months. Can anyone confirm :?: :shock:
Oufc2009
Brat

Post by Oufc2009 »

Where did you here obika signing for 6 months
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

He says Franks, not Obika. Same question though.
Oufc2009
Brat

Post by Oufc2009 »

sorry yer thats what i meant though i would prefer obika
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotOufc2009&quot wrote: Sorry, yes, that's what I meant - although I would prefer Obika to Franks.
My pleasure.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:
&quotOufc2009&quot wrote: Sorry, yes, that's what I meant - although I would prefer Obika to Franks.
My pleasure.
You let his first one go then?
yellowj
Sperm

Post by yellowj »

We haven't got anyone on loan this season. Maybe CW will get a striker on a season long loan? I remember Kelvin Thomas saying that there could be new signings close to the season starting.
Out of the gloom
Puberty

Post by Out of the gloom »

Think we will find out tomorrow, depending on Franks inclusion. Signing of Worley, release of Crockford and their timing with the return from Scotland says Wilder will start the season with what he has. [First prediction on the board, it’s downhill from here :wink:]

Given the early pre-season comments of “20 or 21 plus Woodley
witney dave
Embryo

Has Wilder Finished His Summer Shopping

Post by witney dave »

There is no problem with running a squad of only 21 players, it does give the opportunity for youth players to come into the reserve team. This is where they will prove one way or the other that they have got it or not. However we are light up front, as mentioned by others earlier, Kelvin did hint that at least one loan player would join the squad close to the start of the season, lets hope its a proven goal scorer.

I can't see the need for another centre back, as long as we have cover for the first team, it matters not who plays in the reserve section, the main point is to keep all players match fit, if the reserves lose more matches than they win , it's not the end of the world
witney dave
Tabbernackle
Brat

Crockford

Post by Tabbernackle »

My mate, who is involved with Reading, says that Ryan is not fast enough.But an all-round footy player nonthelesss.... But thats why we havent signed him.