Stevenage (a)

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Stevenage (a)

Post by Radley Rambler »

http://www.stevenageborofc.com/index_ne ... ws_id=1744

Can anyone else spot the problem.........!
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

GENIUS!

Have they seriously forgotten what happened last season?
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

So we need to ring up a premium number and pay £1.50 booking fee on top in order to make sure we get a ticket. If not and we sell out on the night (which we probably will do) we'll all end up in the home section.

If the tickets aren't being sold by OUFC than this is just a way to get extra money out of us - something for OxVox to get their teeth into perhaps?
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

What a shambles
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

And if it all goes horribly wrong our fans get the blame and we get the points deduction?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Complete and utter joke of a decision. I've just emailed the club:
I see that Stevenage Borough have released ticket details for our match there on 30th March: http://www.stevenageborofc.com/index_ne ... ws_id=1744

Surely this cannot be correct? How on earth can this game NOT be all ticket? Do they not remember what happened there last year? Or how many we took to Luton for an ALL TICKET game on a Tuesday night? Or what happened when we went to Woking last year?

This game will be seen by many as (potentially) the title decider and to make it pay on the day is a farcical decision.

I hope that OUFC will be protesting in strongest possible terms to Stevenage Borough, Thames Valley Police, and the Conference administration (OK, perhaps not the last one!), as this decision has the potential to cause serious problems.
Similar message sent to the Conference too (with the sarky bit about them removed!).
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Complete and utter joke of a decision. I've just emailed the club:
I see that Stevenage Borough have released ticket details for our match there on 30th March: http://www.stevenageborofc.com/index_ne ... ws_id=1744

Surely this cannot be correct? How on earth can this game NOT be all ticket? Do they not remember what happened there last year? Or how many we took to Luton for an ALL TICKET game on a Tuesday night? Or what happened when we went to Woking last year?

This game will be seen by many as (potentially) the title decider and to make it pay on the day is a farcical decision.

I hope that OUFC will be protesting in strongest possible terms to Stevenage Borough, Thames Valley Police, and the Conference administration (OK, perhaps not the last one!), as this decision has the potential to cause serious problems.
Similar message sent to the Conference too (with the sarky bit about them removed!).

I think we ALL need to email the CONference (that was deliberate by the way!) The Club and the NLP and get this changed. Apart from the stupidity it smacks of profiteering.

They actually have the brass neck to call the £1.50 a 'CONVENIENCE' fee!...........Convenient to whom!

We have a booking fee at The Kas but I think that I am right in saying that it is per transaction rather than per ticket?

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/contactus.asp
http://www.footballconference.co.uk/contact/
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

We are drafting a statement at present. This is a complicated issue and we need to consult the club on the wording. But we will release a strongly worded response ASAP.
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMark Sennett&quot wrote:We are drafting a statement at present. This is a complicated issue and we need to consult the club on the wording. But we will release a strongly worded response ASAP.
Agree, it needs to be sensibly worded.

How about&#058
&quotFuck off you money-grabbing chavs, we're all going in the home end so fuck you&quot?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotMark Sennett&quot wrote:We are drafting a statement at present. This is a complicated issue and we need to consult the club on the wording. But we will release a strongly worded response ASAP.
Agree, it needs to be sensibly worded.

How about&#058
&quotFuck off you money-grabbing chavs, we're all going in the home end so fuck you&quot?
Perfect! :lol:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I thought there was a rule whereby you can’t add a premium for away fans for the same kind of seat/view?

Ah well, in the home end we go, don’t forget to zip up your coat at the turnstile to hide your colours…
Last edited by Snake on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Are they employing Brian Lee as a consultant?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Complicated? How can it possibly be complicated?

It's a ridiculous decision that could well lead to crowd trouble. It could lead to fans making a journey for a game they cannot attend. It's a rip off of away fans.

It isn't complicated at all, and why is OxVox operating as a lap dog of the club? OxVox is and should be independant of the club. Anything else is incompetent.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
Complicated? How can it possibly be complicated?

It's a ridiculous decision that could well lead to crowd trouble. It could lead to fans making a journey for a game they cannot attend. It's a rip off of away fans.

It isn't complicated at all, and why is OxVox operating as a lap dog of the club? OxVox is and should be independant of the club. Anything else is incompetent.
Agreed. I see no reason whatsoever for consulting the club on the wording.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: Complicated? How can it possibly be complicated?

It is complicated and the OxVox statement which will be released this evening or tomorrow, will be independent of the club.

It's all right sounding off about something which on the face of it seems black and white but even you must sense other issues are at play.

The serious Health and Safety angle seems to have been ignored by the decision makers at the Lamex. Fans having to pay ridiculous surcharges, £4 a ticket, is a disgrace. One of the questions should be, do the home fans have to pay that?