Anyone know why ...

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Anyone know why ...

Post by A-Ro »

... we got fined?

http&#58//news&#46bbc&#46co&#46uk/sport ... 002&#46stm

I could understand it if it were for failing to control our moron fans but players and officials? I thought the Northwich players and officials were pretty badly behaved, I never saw our lot doing anyting.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

I think the main reason was coaching staff and subs coming on to the pitch during 'play' and getting involved. Under the rules, they must stay off the pitch at all times.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I saw Billy Turley rugby tackle a fan.

Anyway, the invaders are being dealt with separately it seems. http&#58//www&#46oxfordmail&#46co&#46uk ... _invaders/

with a few mug shots too
http&#58//www&#46oxfordmail&#46co&#46uk ... asion0409/
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quottheox&quot wrote:I think the main reason was coaching staff and subs coming on to the pitch during 'play' and getting involved. Under the rules, they must stay off the pitch at all times.
Why were the Vics mob should not fined as well then? they behaved far worse than our lot.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Vics may be fined, but they appealed against the original charge and so will be dealt with seperately. We held our hands up, making the process that much quicker.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Vics may be fined, but they appealed against the original charge and so will be dealt with seperately. We held our hands up, making the process that much quicker.
Ah I see - thanks.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

According to this report the Oxford Mail 'believes' that Northwich received the same fine as Oxford. However, it is the Oxford Mail. That would seem unjust, as it wouldn't appear to take into account that Northwich denied the allegations, so if they were found guilty their fine should have been greater than Oxford's.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:I saw Billy Turley rugby tackle a fan.

Anyway, the invaders are being dealt with separately it seems. http&#58//www&#46oxfordmail&#46co&#46uk ... _invaders/

with a few mug shots too
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that there is a young girl somewhere in Oxford who spent last night in tears and is facing all kinds of playground taunts this morming....and whose family and her will never come near the stadium again...
I dont know what she actually did, but to lump her in amongst some of the others in this context seems somewhat disproportionate and unnecessary.

How have they managed to get them all to pose for the camera (and why didnt they arrest them then?)
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:

with a few mug shots too
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that there is a young girl somewhere in Oxford who spent last night in tears and is facing all kinds of playground taunts this morming....and whose family and her will never come near the stadium again...
I dont know what she actually did, but to lump her in amongst some of the others in this context seems somewhat disproportionate and unnecessary.

How have they managed to get them all to pose for the camera (and why didnt they arrest them then?)
Its just you. Where in the stadium rules or relevant laws about encroaching on the pitch does it say that its OK if you are female and below a certain assumed age?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMooro&quot wrote: How have they managed to get them all to pose for the camera (and why didnt they arrest them then?)
1. You can't arrest people for a crime that hasn't been committed yet.

2. Photographers don't have the power of arrest.

3. There weren't any police at the game to arrest anybody for anything.
Andrewmaha
Brat

Post by Andrewmaha »

What's with the guy who looks as if he is pruning a rose bush?
I cant liken the background to anything inside the stadium. Therefore where has the picture come from?

Is it the Oxford Mail mixing up the stories of OUFC &amp The Kidlington Flower Show?

For the rest of them was it a case of:-
Supporter - &quotexcuse me Mr Photographer, I need to run on the pitch&quot
Photographer - &quothand on a minute Mr / Miss fan, I need a quick snap&quot
Supporter - &quotoh, ok then&quot
Photographer - &quotsmile&quot
'Click'.
Photographer - &quotok, you can go now&quot
Supporter - &quotcharge&quot

I'm with Mooro, how did they get the snaps?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I think the last one is the brown y-fronts man who scaled the fence end and gave a wave from the top (hence trees in the background).

pic 2 has left his false teeth at home
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotAndrewmaha&quot wrote:What's with the guy who looks as if he is pruning a rose bush?
I cant liken the background to anything inside the stadium. Therefore where has the picture come from?

Is it the Oxford Mail mixing up the stories of OUFC &amp The Kidlington Flower Show?

For the rest of them was it a case of:-
'Click'.

I think he was the mug who (or one of them) who ran on the pitch then climbed the fence..........that must be him on the fence with Oxfordshire in the background.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotMooro&quot wrote:

with a few mug shots too

Its just you. Where in the stadium rules or relevant laws about encroaching on the pitch does it say that its OK if you are female and below a certain assumed age?
The article refers to everyone trying to keep things in proportion and differentiating between the more serious offenders and those just caught up in the moment - then picks just 8 people out from the dozens who ran on the pitch as requiring particular attention.
I may be wrong and she might have pulled a knife on one of the players, or attempted to club another with a goalpost, but on the balance of likelihood I'd say this young girl did no more wrong than most and just happened to be sat where the invaders congregated, got caught up in the moment and wandered onto the pitch as those around her were doing, yet has now been labelled among the most wanted from that day - hardly proportionate is it??

I would have thought that a more appropriate response, if she really did do anything beyond crossing the touchline worthy of extra attention compared to the rest, would be to pan round with the CCTV at the next couple of games to spot that smiling face enjoying being part of the OUFC family and a potential future regular, and send someone to take her aside at half time for a quiet word with her/her parents.

But if you think humiliating her and her family and pretty much ensuring that we never see any of them or their friends at the stadium again, while letting many who were more aggressive in their actions get away scott free because it would mean having to go through the various video footage to get a clear shot rather than a handy photo of them from earlier in the afternoon is more appropriate then so be it - perhaps we could string her up from the fence as part of the halftime entertainment at a pre-season friendly?
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotAndrewmaha&quot wrote:For the rest of them was it a case of:-
'Click'.

most of the people who went on the pitch seemed to be congregated by the barrier in the bottom corner of the london road end for some time - i.e. near where the photographers often stand. they often take pictures of the crowd, and as many of the people who ran on seemed to stay down there after, it wouldn't have been hard.

i would guess these photos were taken before or after people ran on, and that these photos are being used as they're easier to identify people from than the ones taken while they were actually on the pitch.