James Clarke

Anything yellow and blue
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Re:

Post by OUFC_Gav »

&quotboris&quot wrote:It wasn't Yanek who went to get the leg splint, it was Lindsey, while Yanek treated Clarke.
Though Yanek is now out of a job...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotOUFC_Gav&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:It wasn't Yanek who went to get the leg splint, it was Lindsey, while Yanek treated Clarke.
Odd that it was only a trial, as that was not mentioned when he first took over.

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 44,00.html
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC_Gav&quot wrote:
Odd that it was only a trial, as that was not mentioned when he first took over.

Not really - almost all jobs involve a probationary period during which the employer can get rid of the employee if they don't come up to requirements. I suspect that's what happened here. He did seem lost sometimes as far as the match day part of the job was concerned.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Good point.

Does anyone know how many different full-time professional players have made a 1st team appearance for Oxford United since the start of last season?

I’m only asking because it seems like quite a lot to me.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I'm sure there must be a web site around with that information readily available. (ahem.)
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Re:

Post by OUFC_Gav »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC_Gav&quot wrote: Though Yanek is now out of a job...

Not really - almost all jobs involve a probationary period during which the employer can get rid of the employee if they don't come up to requirements. I suspect that's what happened here. He did seem lost sometimes as far as the match day part of the job was concerned.
Especially as, although well qualified, he had no experience of physiotherapy at a football club or similar environment (as shown by his 'control' of the Clarke situation).
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I'm sure there must be a web site around with that information readily available. (ahem.)
Thanks.

I make that 55 different players who have made a 1st team appearance in the last 14 months (not including friendly games or any of the trialists used and discarded).
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I believe that when Aston Villa last won the league they only used fourteen players all season.
entirely disenchanted
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:I believe that when Aston Villa last won the league they only used fourteen players all season.
I didn't realise they had been in the Blue Square Premier.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:I believe that when Aston Villa last won the league they only used fourteen players all season.
Were the rest of the sqaud away at the Boer War?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

No I think they'd justgot back.
entirely disenchanted