Lewes

Anything yellow and blue
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Lewes

Post by Boogie »

Nice place, great beer.

Yes A Coli, I was over optimistic. I thought it had to change for the better sometime....when Constable was replaced with Yemi through the middle yesterday and we tried hoofing it up to him, that told me it won't change much, if at all.

Acsencion Ox saw me at the game and said &quotI thought you had given up&quot. I replied &quot I have but I am still here&quot.

Before the game my neutral friend was stunned by the hard 5 a side work out the team had as a warm up before kick off. He was impressed by the close control of the players, which I told him he would not see during the match. I was right. Long balls up to Constable and Guy and that was it.

In the last 10 minutes of the match we looked knackered. Perhaps we had several carrying injuries, perhaps it was match preparation? On the other hand maybe it was Lewes passing it on the floor through midfield which meant we had to chase most of the game.

Why oh why can't we play ugly when 1-0 up and kill the game?

Oh well, let's see what the announcement is tomorrow.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Just like to add I was in the pub when NM walked in and I overheard some of the comments made to other fans.

That and the A27 closed at Arundel really completed the misery...
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Come on then Boogie, what comments did you overhear?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

I was in the same pub, but didn't hear anything. What did amaze me was the near-hero worship which greeted his arrival. As someone said earlier this week, Kassam's petulance has done Merry a favour.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: Lewes

Post by Radley Rambler »

Oh well, let's see what the announcement is tomorrow.[/quote]

Announcement?? Have I missed something?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:I was in the same pub, but didn't hear anything. What did amaze me was the near-hero worship which greeted his arrival.
Well, it would surprise me if I hadn't seen it before: Keith Cox, for instance, played the same game for several years, having cocked everything up himself (and in much the same way) and then insisting that this or that deal was practically ready to go through but might be wrecked if the nasty fans made any noise about it.

He shouldn't have been allowed to get away with that then, and neither should the pig's head now.

Actually I suspect I should send an email to the Oxford Mail making the comparison - what's the address? It'd be useful to know if any announcement is actually expected today, though, as thta might change what needs to be said.

I'd add that it's not just Kassam's petulance this week that's allowed the pig's head to set himself up as the anti-Kassam. It's Kassam's behaviour over the last few years. Nevertheless, as I say above, this shouldn't be accepted. Kassam shouldn't be defended, but the pig's head ought to be attacked.
entirely disenchanted
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

SO did Merry blame OXvox for the collapse of the stadium deal.

If that's true he's firing off his last bullets in desperation.

Things are going to get worse....
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Sorry, the announcement was on Thursday not Monday.

Things might just get better.