U's On TV

Anything yellow and blue
SteMerritt
Puberty

U's On TV

Post by SteMerritt »

Good list Martin, if incomplete.

Slumdon Town (away) - 2-2 Draw with Penney scoring overhead kick late on

York City (home) - Won 2-0. Shown on Central.

Middlesbrough (Away) - Lost 0-4 - their promotion game at the end of the season.

and an error...

The Chelsea away cup game wasn't shown live, but the first game was (the 1-1 draw at The Manor).
Last edited by SteMerritt on Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

well, if you're talking errors...

The Boro away game was 4-1, and it wasn't live on the box, although it was one of about four games that they kept visiting for updates.

The other one missing from the list is the 0-2 at Marlow (can't think how that one escaped my mind).

I also knew about the other two, but I'm awaiting an edit facility so I can make the necessary alterations (and obv I also knew about the chels game - I think that was a slip of the keyboard).
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotboris&quot wrote:well, if you're talking errors...

The Boro away game was 4-1, and it wasn't live on the box, although it was one of about four games that they kept visiting for updates.

The other one missing from the list is the 0-2 at Marlow (can't think how that one escaped my mind).

I also knew about the other two, but I'm awaiting an edit facility so I can make the necessary alterations (and obv I also knew about the chels game - I think that was a slip of the keyboard).
The boro game was live, I think, as I remember watching it - a very nervous first half for Boro (0-0 at half time I think) before they woke up 2nd half. A goal for Nicky Banger was our consolation from memory. It was after that game that we got to see Gazza in an Oxford shirt, strange.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:well, if you're talking errors...

The boro game was live, I think, as I remember watching it - a very nervous first half for Boro (0-0 at half time I think) before they woke up 2nd half. A goal for Nicky Banger was our consolation from memory. It was after that game that we got to see Gazza in an Oxford shirt, strange.
I thought I watched it live as well! For the life of me I can't remember the Banger goal though!!!

Was the Marlow game on live? I know it was Sunday lunchtime, but don't remember it being shown at all.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Did I miss the start of this thread? what is this conversation in relation to?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

That's the first time I've ever heard that the Boro game was live on telly. Not saying you're wrong, but... And it was definitely 4-1 - we celebrated Banger's goal like we'd won the Cup Final.

I'm sure the Marlow game was NOT on telly. I was away at Uni at the time, so didn't get to the game, but would definitely have found somewhere to watch it had it been on the box.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Oh, and you're missing the Mike Read Chelsea game off your list - it was definitely live, though I'm not sure the replay was, was it?
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Did I miss the start of this thread? what is this conversation in relation to?
Sorry, should have included the link....

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage.ph ... ised_games

as advertised on the RSS feed this morning
x586
Brat

Boro

Post by x586 »

The Boro-Oxford game was live on Sky. It was the same day that Man City got beaten at Stoke and got relegated to Div 3.

We watched it at the Hobgoblin in Loughboro', having 'got their first' before various Man City fans showed up. They were not impressed.
x586
Brat

More

Post by x586 »

Also missing:

Notts COunty away (1992-3?). Lost, from memory.

Man City home (1995-6?). Lost 1-4 - Kinkladze stunner.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:That's the first time I've ever heard that the Boro game was live on telly. Not saying you're wrong, but... And it was definitely 4-1 - we celebrated Banger's goal like we'd won the Cup Final.

I'm sure the Marlow game was NOT on telly. I was away at Uni at the time, so didn't get to the game, but would definitely have found somewhere to watch it had it been on the box.
Boro game was live on Sky. I was watching it!

Marlow game never on telly.

You've missed:

Luton -away - LC semi final - 1988. Lost 2-0.
Man City - home - lost 4-1? 10 years or so ago.
Leicester (Home) 0-0 - 12 years ago?

Bet there's some more as well.
x586
Brat

Post by x586 »

Also, and lastly, didn't Ross Weatherstone score the first at Reading in that 2-1 away win?

:P
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re: More

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotx586&quot wrote:Also missing:

Notts COunty away (1992-3?). Lost, from memory.
Yeah I remember that one, wasn't it was 1-2, with Matty Elliott scoring? (think it was quite soon after his signing).
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

It was Rob Folland who scored the first at Reading - Ross made his debut there and was MoM, but didn't score (never did for Oxford).

Thanks for the other info - I will add the Boro game and the others that are missing (I knew about the Notts County and Man City games, and also about the Luton s-f, but forgot about that one). I will leave out the Marlow one until it is confirmed by someone else.

Res Ox - are you sure about the home 0-0 v Leicester? Would that be this one? Can anyone else shed any light on this?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Another voice to confirm the Boro game was live on Sky. I remember dragging a neighbour down the pub to watch it.

If I remember rightly, the Sunderland game was Sky's first ever pay-per-view match.

Also, I'm 99.99999% certain the Marlow game wasn't live on the box. Might have had extended highlights on MOTD though.