Meeting on Thursday

Anything yellow and blue
trevor l
Baby

Meeting on Thursday

Post by trevor l »

OxVox will be meeting the Club on Thursday this week (25 January).

We’ve put forward an agenda which includes as main topics the stadium purchase, stadium maintenance, plans for next season, and the Club's communication with supporters. No doubt the football will be discussed too!

If you have any specific questions that you would like us to ask the Club on these or any other issues please let us know. You can do so by emailing enquiries@oxvox.org.uk .

Clearly it may not be possible to get a detailed answer to every individual question, but we will put as many of your questions forward in the meeting as possible and will report the answers.

www.oxvox.org.uk
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

This meeting should be quite interesting tonight, but if past record is anything to go by the minutes will be delayed until the club have found the time to amend and approve them.

Let’s hope that this time we don’t have to wait and that OV can provide their own and uncensored view of the discussions.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I think it is quite legitimate for OXVOX to ask the chairman if he is happy with his manager!

Maybe you should ask if the rumours circulating that the manager has 'lost' the dressing room are true?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

To be honest I don’t think that’s on Trevor’s list of questions as he’s probably not even heard about it and when it allegedly occurred (at Gravesend).

And besides, the official answer from the club would never be a “yes
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:I think it is quite legitimate for OXVOX to ask the chairman if he is happy with his manager!

Maybe you should ask if the rumours circulating that the manager has 'lost' the dressing room are true?
That rumour from the inside, was doing the rounds well before Christmas. In fact a certain senior player is said to have told Jim to his face during one of his team rants, that as Manager he had lost the dressing room and his constant ranting was the direct cause of the loss of confidence of the players.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Indeed, and the club would never confirm to a group like OxVox that the senior player was Phil Gilchrist, so itÔÇÖs never going to be accepted as a fact.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotDLT&quot wrote:I think it is quite legitimate for OXVOX to ask the chairman if he is happy with his manager!

That rumour from the inside, was doing the rounds well before Christmas. In fact a certain senior player is said to have told Jim to his face during one of his team rants, that as Manager he had lost the dressing room and his constant ranting was the direct cause of the loss of confidence of the players.
How about Gilchrist's loss of pace being a bigger problem?
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Yes - imagine the straight answer you would get to that question. Behave.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

ResOx

So from what I can gather we can't ask (as in expect an answer) who owns the club. We can't ask if the manager has lost the players respect.

Can we ask if the Chairman and CEO are drawing salaries.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:[How about Gilchrist's loss of pace being a bigger problem?
No problem surely, what with quick youngsters around him like, Johnson, Brevitt and Santos.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

&quotDLT&quot wrote:ResOx

So from what I can gather we can't ask (as in expect an answer) who owns the club. We can't ask if the manager has lost the players respect.

Can we ask if the Chairman and CEO are drawing salaries.
They r'e not going to answer that question are they? No sensible board ever would.

As for salaries they weren't taking them last time we asked the q. (start of season). I agree with you that its worth repeating the question now.

PS I'm not at the club meeting this pm but will pass on your point to those that are.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:

Remind us. Who was responsible for signing Gilchrist, Brevett, Santos and Johnson?

As it happens, of that lot, I still think Gilly is up to the job, but not the rest of them.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: That rumour from the inside, was doing the rounds well before Christmas. In fact a certain senior player is said to have told Jim to his face during one of his team rants, that as Manager he had lost the dressing room and his constant ranting was the direct cause of the loss of confidence of the players.
Remind us. Who was responsible for signing Gilchrist, Brevett, Santos and Johnson?

As it happens, of that lot, I still think Gilly is up to the job, but not the rest of them.
Santos is better than Gilchrist. If fit. Gilchist has been a disappointment. particularly on his alleged wages. 2 year contract and its easy street. He deserves to have been ranted at actually.

Smith has dropped more than a few bollocks recently however though. I do agree on that.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote: How about Gilchrist's loss of pace being a bigger problem?

Santos is better than Gilchrist. If fit. Gilchist has been a disappointment. particularly on his alleged wages. 2 year contract and its easy street. He deserves to have been ranted at actually.

Smith has dropped more than a few bollocks recently however though. I do agree on that.
Santos better than Gilchrist? Have you been trying those funny mushrooms in your breakfast again? :lol:
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

As far as I can see very few of the older players are injured at the moment. Only Santos, it's the younger blokes who are dropping like flies - Day, Wilmott (well, he's not that old!), Anaclet, Basham, Burgess and now I see, disastrously, Pettefer (although this probably explains why Smith took him off on Saturday).

As for Gravesend, the team were so spineless and pathetic in that game that I'd have been ranting too if I were the manager. The &quotbust-up followed by manager has lost the dressing room&quot story surfaces at least once a season at Oxford, it has always indicated that the manager is about to lose his job.

I can't see Smith leaving, unless he resigns - and if he resigns then there's got to be worries about the chairman. Normally having a director as a manager makes me nervous, but I think with our recent history it is important that the board aren't tempted to sack the manager whenever the supporters get angsty during a run of poor form (and what is it? 11 games since a win during a bad injury crisis? It's poor but in the circumstances it's not necessarily a sign that everything is going irretreivably wrong) - it's this sort of strategy that got us in the conference in the first place.