Youth Team

Anything yellow and blue
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Youth Team

Post by Boogie »

To draw a line under the McSporan thread I am looking forward to seeing the Youth Team in my back yard tomorrow night.

Who has seen the youth team recently and who should Hog and I look out for?

This question is not just directed at Mooro -)
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I would like to hear a report on Gareth Tucker the keeper.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Well, if their displays for the reserves are any indication, check out Declan Benjamin and Andrew Younie. Stars of the future, for sure.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Ironically, despite all my representations on their behalf, I have not actually seen either the youths or reserves this season, which is a source of great annoyance.

However, as I understand it, there are high hopes for this particular squad as a whole, but on an individual basis I'd like an update on centre back Tommy Franklin, right back Chris Weedon (Ben's twin brother) &amp whichever keeper is used (Gareth Tucker or Sam Worrell).

On a different note, congrats to Eric Odihambo, who like his brother Eddie Anaclet came through the OU youth system to age 16, but moved elsewhere when we were unable to offer them scholarships here.

Eddie clambered on the Malcolm Elias minibus headed for Soton, while Eric went to Leicester, for whom he made his senior debut last night in the cup against Villa.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

On a different note, congrats to Eric Odihambo, who like his brother Eddie Anaclet came through the OU youth system to age 16, but moved elsewhere when we were unable to offer them scholarships here.

Eddie clambered on the Malcolm Elias minibus headed for Soton, while Eric went to Leicester, for whom he made his senior debut last night in the cup against Villa.[/quote]

Isn't there a third Odhiambo-Ancelet brother playing for Abingdon United with Ryan Brooks?

It seems that the game versus Winchester has been rained off.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I think the third Odhiambo is playing for Slough Town at present (there's a fourth brother, who's a commis chef at some swanky restaurant in London, I believe).
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Boris, I've been trying to get to the bottom of who this third individual actually is and how he fits in with the other two....

What confuses me is the names:
Eddie uses the surname Anaclet &amp is now back with us
yet brother Eric seems to use Odihambo &amp is with Leicester.

But then there is an Anaclet Odihambo, who was with Abingdon, went to Slough at the start of the season, but has now returned.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I don't know the exact ins and outs of how it works, Mooro, but it's something to do with Tanzanian naming lineage. The boys' father's name was Odhiambo Anacleti, so his sons all have to have one or both elements of his name in their names, but like I say, I don't know exactly how it works.

Anyway, Fast Eddie's good, but I wish we'd got Eric as well.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Shouldn't that be &quotmedium paced Eddie&quot?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Shouldn't that be &quotmedium paced Eddie&quot?
LOL!!!!

I agree.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Disappointed that Chris Williams has not stated the away crowd last night (2 excluding club officials) nor described Hog and I &quotfantastic&quot, &quotExcellent&quot or whatever.

Younnie showed nice touches later on after struggling to make an impact early on, but it was Fisher, Albin and Tommy Franklin who stood out for me.

Allegedly Chelsea scouts were there watching Anderson.

Andy Scott was there to suss out Orient's next opponents.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Unless you are doing this for a living - may I humbly suggest that you get a life.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Boogie - could you or Hog email me a brief news item about the match (can be a bit more impressionistic than the official site's report) - about 3 paras should do it, to whack on RO?

I'm surprised you didn't already think of it :wink:
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

I did think of it but I have had very little time in past 48 hours.

Anway Hog had the teamsheet and he will be so much better at remembering all the names.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Team sheet? What names?