incoing players rumours

Anything yellow and blue
andy james womble
Brat

incoing players rumours

Post by andy james womble »

have heard two rumours over the last week sorry if you've heard them on other posts one is stuart beavon coming in and one I heard today is danny hylton
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: incoming players rumours

Post by OUFC4eva »

That would not be the worst striking duo in the world if it were to happen.

Could see those two getting goals were we to get some craft in midfield too.
The Enforcer
Brat

Re: incoing players rumours

Post by The Enforcer »

I saw the post on these message boards in another thread previously referring to Stuart Beavon. Kaid Mohamed was also mentioned in that post.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I remember Beavon playing us on his own for Weymouth- and scoring great winner
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

andy james womble wrote:have heard two rumours over the last week sorry if you've heard them on other posts one is stuart beavon coming in and one I heard today is danny hylton
Rotherham announce Danny Hylton's release and say that he has agreed a deal to join Us: http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/articl ... 12416.aspx

Not the most exciting record in front of goal, so hopefully this is his season.
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

Odd how the article says "Oxford" in the title, but only "a League Two club" in the text below.

These were the strike rates of the main strikers last season in league matches only:

Connolly - 229 mins/goal [includes both Pompey and OUFC record] total 8 goals
Smalley - 287 mins/goal total 7 goals
Constable - 309 mins/goal total 10 goals
Kitson - 598 mins/goal total 4 goals

In comparison:
Hylton - 311 mins/goal [includes both Bury/AFC Wimbledon record] total 5 goals
- best return 311 mins/goal total 12 goals [Aldershot season 11/12]

In my view, he would not be an improvement on most of last season's incumbents, so I hope it's a(nother) League Two club that has signed him. If not, I really hope this doesn't mean that Waddock is going to be signing all his mates (e.g. Beavon & Wingfield also rumoured as targets). I really hope we are scouting the whole market.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Hylton deal has been confirmed by BBC Radio Oxford
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I think he finished top scorer in the FA Cup with Aldershot the other year. So perhaps we are aiming for a decent Cup run this season.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Us are one of 5 clubs chasing David Fitzpatrick of Southport.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/carlis ... hport-ace/
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

theox wrote:Us are one of 5 clubs chasing David Fitzpatrick of Southport.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/carlis ... hport-ace/
It will be interesting to see where he ends up. A year or two back there weren't many League 2 clubs that you'd have considered more attractive propositions than Us. But I fear that, up against the likes of Pompey and Luton, we're unlikely to come out on top.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Stuart Beavon is 30, and many on here were saying Beano was too old at 29. Since he made the Football League, he has hardly set the world alight, Preston scoring only 10 goals in the one season for Preston despite playing 41 times, and 115 appearances scoring 28 goals at this level for Wycombe. Those are much worse rations than our two highest scoring strikers last season. Like Hylton, I think Beavon is another overblown Conference standard player.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

GodalmingYellow wrote:Stuart Beavon is 30, and many on here were saying Beano was too old at 29. Since he made the Football League, he has hardly set the world alight, Preston scoring only 10 goals in the one season for Preston despite playing 41 times, and 115 appearances scoring 28 goals at this level for Wycombe. Those are much worse rations than our two highest scoring strikers last season. Like Hylton, I think Beavon is another overblown Conference standard player.
I would begin to get excited if we were to secure Beavon. He took the long road to League One but he has seemingly made a better fist of it that Constable did at Walsall. I hold the view that if you drop a division to an easier level, then the quality will shine through.

Anyway, Yellows Forum are talking about Westcarr (someone I mentioned at the start of the Summer following his release from Notts County) and that would send me into ecstasy.

As for Hylton, he is only going to be a squad player/back-up player to the next striker signing......isn't he?
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

GodalmingYellow wrote:Stuart Beavon is 30, and many on here were saying Beano was too old at 29. Since he made the Football League, he has hardly set the world alight, Preston scoring only 10 goals in the one season for Preston despite playing 41 times, and 115 appearances scoring 28 goals at this level for Wycombe. Those are much worse rations than our two highest scoring strikers last season. Like Hylton, I think Beavon is another overblown Conference standard player.
It seems like he was a bit of a one-season wonder at 'League' level. 2011/12 being the season in question in League 1 with Wycombe, scoring 21 goals in 43 appearances at 171 mins/goal. Also scored 4 cup goals in 2 appearances. They got relegated in spite of these goals and then his subsequent record with Preston has not got close to that kind of return. That season actually means his L1 record is better than his L2 record!

The other issue with Beavon is that I believe he is still under contract for another season, as is the case with Fitzpatrick, so I can't see us 'buying' either for that reason alone.
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

Brahma Bull wrote:Anyway, Yellows Forum are talking about Westcarr (someone I mentioned at the start of the Summer following his release from Notts County) and that would send me into ecstasy.
Westcarr has never been particularly prolific, but was on good form last season with 14 league goals from 41 appearances at 249mins/goal plus 7 assists and they were mid-table. I wonder why they released him? Would L1 wages be an issue, given our limited budget?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »