KITSON COMMENTS

Anything yellow and blue
STEVE F
Brat

KITSON COMMENTS

Post by STEVE F »

IN REPLY TO DAVE KITSON COMMENTS . , IAM SURE THAT MOST CLUBS IF ASKED WOULD LIKE TO BRING IN A COUPLE OF EXTRA PLAYERS, IF THIS CAN BE DONE ON A DECENT BUDGET WITHIN REASON ALL WELL AND GOOD BUT NOT IF IT PLACES A BURDEN ON FUTURE FINANCES AT THE CLUB.

DAVE KITSON WHILE HAVING HIS SAY OFF THE PITCH NOW NEEDS TO MAKE SURE HE KEEPS UP HIS SUPERB PLAY FOR US ON THE PITCH

THE CHAIRMAN APPEARS TO BE HOLDING A FIRM BUT FAIR AND IN MY OPINION CORRECT HOLD ON THE PURSE STRINGS BETTER BY FAR TO DO THIS THAN TO FIND THE CLUB IN A SITUATION OF DEBT AS MR KITSON WILL RECALL WAS THE CASE AT PORTSMOUTH AT ONE TIME.

IF WE CAN AFFORD TO THEN BRING IN EXTRA PLAYERS BUT ONLY IF THE CLUB CAN AFFORD IT
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: KITSON COMMENTS

Post by Kernow Yellow »

STEVE F wrote:OXFORD NEED TO TARGET A TOP CLASS MIDFIELDER AN AT LEAST ONE PROVEN STRIKER IF THY STILL WISH TO GO UP THIS SEASON , PLAYERS TO CONSIDER , ROB EARNSHAW , MARLON KING , STUART BEAVON ,LEON CLARK ALL OF THESE KNOW HOW TO SCORE

FOR MIDFIELD BEN PRINGLE , SAM HIRD, SEAN MCCARTHEY ,
LEE HOLMES

THE CHAIRMAN HAS NOW TO DECIDE IF MORE INVESTMENT FROM NOW TILL THE SEASONS END ON UP TO THREE CLASS PLAYERS IS WORTH WHILE IN AN ATTEMPT TO BRING LEAGUE ONE FOOTBALL NEXT SEASON
Um, shome mishtake shurely?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

STEVE F wrote:IN REPLY TO DAVE KITSON COMMENTS . , IAM SURE THAT MOST CLUBS IF ASKED WOULD LIKE TO BRING IN A COUPLE OF EXTRA PLAYERS, IF THIS CAN BE DONE ON A DECENT BUDGET WITHIN REASON ALL WELL AND GOOD BUT NOT IF IT PLACES A BURDEN ON FUTURE FINANCES AT THE CLUB.

DAVE KITSON WHILE HAVING HIS SAY OFF THE PITCH NOW NEEDS TO MAKE SURE HE KEEPS UP HIS SUPERB PLAY FOR US ON THE PITCH

THE CHAIRMAN APPEARS TO BE HOLDING A FIRM BUT FAIR AND IN MY OPINION CORRECT HOLD ON THE PURSE STRINGS BETTER BY FAR TO DO THIS THAN TO FIND THE CLUB IN A SITUATION OF DEBT AS MR KITSON WILL RECALL WAS THE CASE AT PORTSMOUTH AT ONE TIME.

IF WE CAN AFFORD TO THEN BRING IN EXTRA PLAYERS BUT ONLY IF THE CLUB CAN AFFORD IT
Well said that man.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Given up on the idea of sacking half the team then Steve?
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I see Chris Wilder is now weighing in with his desire to make a signing or two. And he's not sounding very upbeat about things in general:

"I'm confident if we get the go ahead to do it, we can crack on, because we need a lift," Wilder told BBC Oxford.

"Hopefully we might be able to get a change or two in because I'm working hard on doing that - we need it."

"We need to freshen it up." he added.

"Maybe a couple of them need to come out of the team. If we do that, hopefully we can go again.

"I'm pushing and hopefully we can make a decision, because I think we need it. We've got good competition but we are looking at the top of the pitch."

Even if he's thinking these things, I'm quite amazed that he's said them publically.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Kernow Yellow wrote:I see Chris Wilder is now weighing in with his desire to make a signing or two. And he's not sounding very upbeat about things in general:

"I'm confident if we get the go ahead to do it, we can crack on, because we need a lift," Wilder told BBC Oxford.

"Hopefully we might be able to get a change or two in because I'm working hard on doing that - we need it."

"Maybe a couple of them need to come out of the team. If we do that, hopefully we can go again.

"I'm pushing and hopefully we can make a decision, because I think we need it. We've got good competition but we are looking at the top of the pitch."

Even if he's thinking these things, I'm quite amazed that he's said them publically.
Worst scenario is that he's said these things in private and they've been ignored. If he really is out of ideas then we're screwed. I don't think IL will let wilder spend any money, especially with Whing and Potter due back soon, which will hopefully sort out the defence and midfield, and Wroe looking a decent enough striker to complement the existing bunch up front.

The fact is that Wilder panics every January and blows a bunch of money on last minute players who end up contributing nothing. Better to stick with what we've got, and experiment with the academy players when the first teamers dip in form (on last night's performance, I'd start Ruffels on the left in place of Rigg as with the last home win against the Daggers)
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

There appears to be money in the 12th man fund which was specifically to help with the promotion push.

So I reckon we need a striker if it is within the 12th man budget.

I am speculating but wonder if IL is ensuring that CW is being very careful about any laonee and also there is a restriction in who he can get so he is having to be careful in what he can afford?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

SmileyMan wrote:
Kernow Yellow wrote:I see Chris Wilder is now weighing in with his desire to make a signing or two. And he's not sounding very upbeat about things in general:

Worst scenario is that he's said these things in private and they've been ignored. If he really is out of ideas then we're screwed. I don't think IL will let wilder spend any money, especially with Whing and Potter due back soon, which will hopefully sort out the defence and midfield, and Wroe looking a decent enough striker to complement the existing bunch up front.

The fact is that Wilder panics every January and blows a bunch of money on last minute players who end up contributing nothing. Better to stick with what we've got, and experiment with the academy players when the first teamers dip in form (on last night's performance, I'd start Ruffels on the left in place of Rigg as with the last home win against the Daggers)
I was told Whingy has had to have a second operation and so may not be back again for a while.

Meades is due back soon too though.

It's surely time Mr Smalley left for pastures new isn't it? His contribution has been dismal bar a very brief period earlier in the season.

We could do with a big strong forward who can hold the ball up that Beano can play off. Is there something wrong with Kitson playing that role? I'm not convinced we can afford the luxury of two strikers plus Kitson in the team, as that effectively brings us back to the ghastly 4-3-3 formation that Wilder loves but cannot get results from, and our full backs are not sufficiently mobile for their roles in a 4-3-3.