YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Joey's only game for the 'Ammers

Post by YF Dan »

Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re: Joey's only game for the 'Ammers

Post by Yankee Clipper »

An associated story, when I first moved to Milnrow I had a lodger who was a Bury fan and we talked football all the time and he was well aware of this tale and other Joey facts. Anyway in Nov 99 we played Bury at the Manor (1-1) on the day England beat Scotland 2-0 in a Euro championship play off. I travelled down with a number of Bury fans. With our game kicking off at 17.30 we all got absolutely blasted in The Manor Club watching the England game. We then staggered out to the ground to watch the match. During the game Joey was waiting to take a corner at the Cuckoo Lane End in front of 100 or so Bury fans as the game was stopped for an injury. During the few minutes delay my mate had run to the front drunkenly taking the piss out of our Joey "An another thing Beauchamp the only game you ever got to play for West Ham was in your mums back garden at Oxford City and they even let a feckin fan play........." Joey just stood there with a bemused look on his face must have been thinking, how the fuck does this bloke from Bury know so much about me?..... Very funny!!