Mid-life Crisis

League Cup

Post by Roo »

Leeds United Away............
Peterorange
Puberty

Re: League Cup

Post by Peterorange »

Just to say thanks to George for an excellent write up on the news page of the game last night.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Guy next to me at work is a rabid Leeds fan. This could be fun. Sadly under Warnock they've stopped being the 'easy' scalp they used to be, but the ground's always full even for LC games so should be decent money if nothing else.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Guy next to me at work is a rabid Leeds fan. This could be fun. Sadly under Warnock they've stopped being the 'easy' scalp they used to be, but the ground's always full even for LC games so should be decent money if nothing else.
Yes, I saw they got over 18,000 for their first round tie on Saturday. I imagine that was slightly boosted by it being the first game of the season, but still should be a decent gate, so we should make some cash out of it.

No chance of me making it from Cornwall to Leeds on a Tuesday night, sadly, though maybe that's no bad thing. I have nothing but bad memories of my only previous visit to Elland Road - a four goal thrashing, a needless sending off, a truly appalling burger outside the ground and being made to sit down throughout (for pretty much the first time ever watching Oxford). And it was freezing!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
Yes, I saw they got over 18,000 for their first round tie on Saturday. I imagine that was slightly boosted by it being the first game of the season, but still should be a decent gate, so we should make some cash out of it.

No chance of me making it from Cornwall to Leeds on a Tuesday night, sadly, though maybe that's no bad thing. I have nothing but bad memories of my only previous visit to Elland Road - a four goal thrashing, a needless sending off, a truly appalling burger outside the ground and being made to sit down throughout (for pretty much the first time ever watching Oxford). And it was freezing!
I was there too Jan 1998 - it was bad enough losing 0-4 in the circumstances you mention plus they kept playing that dreadful song from Chumbawumba (Tubthumping) on the PA

I HATE IT !
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Guy next to me at work is a rabid Leeds fan. This could be fun. Sadly under Warnock they've stopped being the 'easy' scalp they used to be, but the ground's always full even for LC games so should be decent money if nothing else.

Ah but Kernow, you forget that non-league Stevenage beat Slumdon that day in the cup and we toasted them as we pulled into Stevenage station on our way back to London.........ok, the rest of the day was shit.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

I hope I'm not being pedantic, and 18,000 is a good crowd for the league cup, but that is half(ish) of Elland Road so I don't think you can really say &quotfull&quot.