Best ever Oxford goals

Anything yellow and blue
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Best ever Oxford goals

Post by YF Dan »

Seems an apt time to start a little thread about best Oxford goals. This isn't a competition, just a chance to remember...

Assuming that Leven and Beauchamp will feature a lot in this thread, I'll chuck in some other personal favourites.

Matt Green (Wembley)
Alfie Potter (Ditto)
Paul Moody's swivel and thunderbolt (Bradford away)
Paul Moody's Maradona-esque dribble (Cardiff away)
Matt Murphy's overhead kick (Cardiff away)
Chris Hackett's &quotGiggs v Arsenal&quot effort vs Northampton (home)
Yemi Odubade's lob vs Dagenham (home)
Matt Murphy's volley vs Reading (away)
Joey Beauchamp's run and top corner classic vs Millwall on my Birthday
Joey Beauchamp at Tranmere.

Didn't Powelly scored a belter against someone too ... Forest in the cup. I'll check.
David Penney's piledriver v Wolves
David Penney's chip vs Cambridge.

Keep em coming.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Ray Houghton's at Wembley, which came at the end of a superb flowing move that went the length of the pitch.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

Peter Rhoades-Brown v Chelsea Oct 1985 - Volleyed a swinging diagonal ball from Hebberd with such ferocity that had the net not been in the way it would probably have cleared the Cuckoo Lane end AND the JR behind it. Gorgeous.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

David Langan's volley v Portsmouth
dr ceri
Brat

Post by dr ceri »

Bobby Ford's goal against Southampton at the Dell in the League cup. They scored, we kicked off, passed the ball to Bobby in the centre circle, who proceeded to beat 3/4 players and then from 30ish yards out curled it into the top corner.

It was so soon after the Saints goal, the TV cameraman completely missed it as he was filming the crowd. Only about 1500 yellows there to see it as well.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Peter Rhodes-Brown v Walsall away.
John Aldridge overhead kick against Cardiff away.
Matt Murphy against Notts County away. Not because it was a wonder goal but because it was like a soft back pass which bobbled over the keeper's foot as he went to clear it.
Mick Vintner v Reading away in under 20 seconds.
Steve Biggins header against Man. U. at home. Not so much a header as it hit his face and looped over the keeper.
Derek Clarke against Man. U. at home I think it was the fist time we ever played them in the league.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Derek Clarke against Man. U. at home I think it was the fist time we ever played them in the league.
It was &amp it was on Match of the Day - very rare for us in those bygone days to see our goals again on telly. Shame was all before video recorders and HDDs.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

David Sloan at home to Slumdon
Matt Murphy away at Reading
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Giuliano Grazioli gets my vote. I was getting a tad nervous until that fab header.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv26PtDnqrw
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Matt Murphy against Notts County away. Not because it was a wonder goal but because it was like a soft back pass which bobbled over the keeper's foot as he went to clear it.
It WAS a soft back-pass! And the centre-back making the back-pass was ex-Oxford player Mark Warren.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Matt Murphy against Notts County away. Not because it was a wonder goal but because it was like a soft back pass which bobbled over the keeper's foot as he went to clear it.
It WAS a soft back-pass! And the centre-back making the back-pass was ex-Oxford player Mark Warren.
Yes indeed, strike that one. This is back to Ancient Colin's comment re memory. You are of course right, I now remember saying at the time that the keeper fluffed it because of the &quotpressure&quot that he was being put under by Matt Murphy. As I was writing it I was thinking why was the keeper looking to kick it out if it was a soft shot from Matt? surely he would have been looking to pick it up, well now I know.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

For KassStadt goal, Deano's freekick versus Northampton - partly because we have been so bad at set pieces for so long, partly for the technique.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Heslop v Morecombe, no backlift, about 30 yards out, top corner.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

Joey's against Slumdon. Just because of what it meant to him and the response he gave the away fans was priceless :)

Grazioli anyone??
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

I thought Joeys goal against Exeter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8G8p-5eWHQ was pretty good and was the best goal at the KasStad until Jamie Cooks last season, techinically is was fanatasic, dropping ball, from a standing position and he managed to keep it down and also get lots of power behind it.

Deanos freekick against Chelsea from miles out in a pre season game was pretty good as well especially as it was against Cudicini (although they can't have had that strong a team out as Rob Wollaston scored for them).