3 in a row

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

3 in a row

Post by Swissbloke »

Blimey, I may have to get a Season ticket when I get back from Seattle!

How exciting! :D
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

If we can play that badly and still win we will walk this league, Burton were a tidy side who hustled and bustled, were always quick and gave us a lot of trouble. But for some very poor finishing and some appalling luck they would have trounced us. Saying that we hit the woodwork twice to their 3 times.

Why Bash was left on for the full hour amazes me because he just wasn't at the game today but it's always good to know you've got the Yemster in reserve.

I think Jim is taking the Mohammed Ali approach to this league where he is prepared to stand on the ropes and take all the punishment from them for an hour then when they are good and tired he brings Yemi on who then runs them even more ragged than they already are.

Talk about a Dodgy Penalty!!!!

I thought the one he didn't give was more of a pen than the one he did give and I didn't think that one was either. The Lino gave the second though, the ref didn't really know.

Another 3 points in the bag, another brilliant away crowd, I'm now regretting my decision to miss the Weymouth game, it is fantastic being in a winning crowd again.

I hope I'm not speaking too soon but this feels a lot different from the recent past.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

I had a different view of the penalty, thought the first one definitely wasn't (Yemi didn't round the keeper, he'd knocked it way past him and it'd gone for a goal kick before they collided), whereas the 2nd one looked more convincing and it was right in front of me.

Obviously we were fairly lucky, it was a very good game and both teams created chances but Burton had more. I thought that defensively we were poor, perhaps it was because we lost Quinn from the back 3 but Dempster didn't look comfortable and Day seemed a bit inexperienced.

However, there seem to be considerably more belief in the team now, last season I don't think we once came back from a goal down to win a game. Yemi made the difference, we lack pace without him and he's very quick over 10 yards and by the time he came on Burton were tiring.