Pre-season rumour mill number #89

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Pre-season rumour mill number #89

Post by Swissbloke »

reading on various places on this here internets that Ian Leneghan is leaving, to be replaced by someone with more money.

Sounds rubbish to me.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Any links to this rubbish?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It's Lenagan, and given that he has put in precisely nothing for years that doesn't rule out anyone on the planet in terms of the &quotmore money&quot aspect.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Here's this chaps post ..

Tim Cowley - Exclusive: Ian lanagan will leave as Oxford owner at the end of the season deals been done already for his replacement. new man very rich
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Here's this chaps post ..

Tim Cowley - Exclusive: Ian lanagan will leave as Oxford owner at the end of the season deals been done already for his replacement. new man very rich
It's LENAGAN!! How can you trust 'in the know b******s' when the author can't even get the basics right.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I'm not saying this one is wrong, but the rumour of Lenagan selling up has been doing the rounds for 4 consecutive summers.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:It's Lenagan, and given that he has put in precisely nothing for years that doesn't rule out anyone on the planet in terms of the &quotmore money&quot aspect.
apart from these Oxvox notes, from December 2010
&quotIL confirmed that neither he nor Woodstock Partners Ltd had withdrawn any money from the Club and had even injected a further relatively small amount recently when cash was needed&quot

It is all very well saying he hasn't put money in recently, but so far as I know, IL's loans / investment have been interest free for the last few years and as above he hasn't taken any cash out.

Anyway, where are these rumours being posted?
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Looks like it started on Twitter : Here's the latest one...

Tim_Cowley : Got a bit more news on the potential new #oufc owner more at 2pm!

By the way, I don't beleive this for a second, I was only commenting on the crazy rumours at this time of year..........
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Tim_Cowley : So the source of this #oufc owner rumour is a current board member who is 'bubbling with excitement'. Owner in waiting is foreign!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:It's Lenagan, and given that he has put in precisely nothing for years that doesn't rule out anyone on the planet in terms of the &quotmore money&quot aspect.
apart from these Oxvox notes, from December 2010
&quotIL confirmed that neither he nor Woodstock Partners Ltd had withdrawn any money from the Club and had even injected a further relatively small amount recently when cash was needed&quot

It is all very well saying he hasn't put money in recently, but so far as I know, IL's loans / investment have been interest free for the last few years and as above he hasn't taken any cash out.

Anyway, where are these rumours being posted?
I’ll look forward to reading what a “relatively small amount
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Who was worse Merry or Kassam ?
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Murry loved the club but no money. Kassam has money but hates the club
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Murry = Merry silly me
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Regardless of what money IL has or has not put into the club, and exactly what the terms of those injections may or may not be, he has not interfered, he has been part of the ownership structure that has brought stability, allowed KT to do his job and, in turn, allowed CW to do his. Frankly, that has made him a very good owner in my eyes - even without looking at the sort of owners we have had in the past, or the sort of owners other clubs are suffering under.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:Regardless of what money IL has or has not put into the club, and exactly what the terms of those injections may or may not be, he has not interfered, he has been part of the ownership structure that has brought stability, allowed KT to do his job and, in turn, allowed CW to do his. Frankly, that has made him a very good owner in my eyes - even without looking at the sort of owners we have had in the past, or the sort of owners other clubs are suffering under.
Absolutely agree.

Certainly mistakes made at the beginning alllowing Merry to over spend and put the club's future at risk, but since then there has been tremendous improvements on and off the pitch.

The $50,000 question of course relates to the Ground and if he could pull off a deal which is affordable to the club and alows them t own the ground that would cap it all.