michael duberry

Anything yellow and blue
womble
Brat

michael duberry

Post by womble »

on his wikipedia site it states that duberry has signed a years contract with OUFC it also says the news will be released on monday !!!!!
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Exciting but not true, I think:

http&#58//twitter&#46com/#!/Original_Dubes
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

Time will tell but not the calibre of proactive signing we're looking for, I don't think. Much like a mordern day Chris Whyte or Colin Todd...much inclined to like them, but ultimately what did it achieve? I kinda subscribe to an idiom read elsewhere on this forum somewhere today....that we should be looking to sign other side's best players, not cast-offs from contemporaries or inferiors on the pyramid.

I do remember thinking Duberry was the mutt's nuts...but that was in 1995. Given that a young, fit (and reasonably impressive) Rangers reject is not part of Wilder's plans, I am struggling to conceive that an older, slower, St Johnstone reject could be.

No bones about it, St Johnstone fringe/reserves is the equivalent of a slightly northern Hellenic League.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

He played 39 times for St Johnstone so not a fringe player. He was also not fit during his failed spell at Wycombe. Michael's possible move to Oxford is widely reported in the Scottish press.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

His Wikipedia page has since been edited to remove the Oxford reference (and no, it wasn't me that did the editing, though I could easily have).

My point was, I'd back North Leigh to beat St Johnstone every time.

I DO trust in King Chris and if that's what he decides, but...he'll be 36 by the time the season comes around....is that really whom we're interested in?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote:Time will tell but not the calibre of proactive signing we're looking for, I don't think. Much like a mordern day Chris Whyte or Colin Todd...much inclined to like them, but ultimately what did it achieve? I kinda subscribe to an idiom read elsewhere on this forum somewhere today....that we should be looking to sign other side's best players, not cast-offs from contemporaries or inferiors on the pyramid.

I do remember thinking Duberry was the mutt's nuts...but that was in 1995. Given that a young, fit (and reasonably impressive) Rangers reject is not part of Wilder's plans, I am struggling to conceive that an older, slower, St Johnstone reject could be.

No bones about it, St Johnstone fringe/reserves is the equivalent of a slightly northern Hellenic League.
Pretty much agree with this.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

Duberry is well regarded by St Johnstone. Some sort of cult hero apparently.

SLP is better standard than L2.

So don't understand the antipathy
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

The standard there is lousy. Appreciated I only watched it for 7 years, but it was enough to make me wish to stick pins in my eyes. It is the reason Windass, Townsley and many many others (to other clubs) come south.

Truly, no antipathy and I hope for the best - but it's hardly a fillip for Harry Worley, is it?