OxVox boards and posters

Anything yellow and blue
Mark Sennett
Brat

OxVox boards and posters

Post by Mark Sennett »

Tomorrow’s match against Wycombe will mark the start of OxVox’s ‘get your voice heard campaign’, which will see posters and pitch-side hoardings unveiled around the Kassam Stadium.

Following the recent changes, the new committee is focusing on raising awareness about why fans should join OxVox, which we hope will lead to an increase in membership.

We would like to thank Oxford United for giving us permission to place the posters and boards around the ground, which is further evidence of the excellent relationship we have built up with the club.

For the full story and a picture of the scoreboard sign visit http://oxvox.org.uk/news.aspx?id=257
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

The thing that stopped me becoming a member in the first place was the statement that the organisation would not be set up to be open and frank. There was an admission that the members would not be party to any discussions that the committee had with the club.

I can get that level of communication without being a member.

Has this position changed in the intervening period?
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Morning A-Ro

I hadn't realised that had been a perception or view from people who had considered but subsequently not joined. All I can say, is moving forward, we will be as open and frank as ever before, we will be &quotindependent&quot and represent the views of our supporters, fans and community.

It sounds all like the party line but honestly it's true and is the view shared by the remainder of the committee.

I've been on the committee for that past three years and have really enjoyed the role and helping the trust implement new ideas, the 12th Man, setting a corporate membership amongst some local businesses and the Heritage Boards were personal favourites.

The Hoardings you'll see today will, I hope, show people that we have a good working relationship with the Football Club. Furthermore it is a first and something we had previously not been able to do.

Finally, we have three spaces available for the committee, so should any of the RO community like to get involved and help address some of the issues we may still have (or do still have) then put your name forward. Nominations due on Monday 11th April and you don't need to have been a member to stand, sign up at the time you complete the nomination form!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

The OxVox committee never said that A-Ro. They said that they would not openly discuss commercially confidential matters with the membership.

And as Brahma will know, that level of confidentiality will have to continue for OxVox to be able to obtain any useful information form the club. The first time anything confidential gets leaked, the relationship with the club will be over. And I am told that the relationship between the present committee and the club isn't great anyway.

By the way Brahma, how much did those advertising hoardings cost?
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:The thing that stopped me becoming a member in the first place was the statement that the organisation would not be set up to be open and frank. There was an admission that the members would not be party to any discussions that the committee had with the club.

What 'statement' was that then?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:The thing that stopped me becoming a member in the first place was the statement that the organisation would not be set up to be open and frank. There was an admission that the members would not be party to any discussions that the committee had with the club.

It's all on this forum if you can be arsed to look for it. Are you saying that it's not true then?
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:

It's all on this forum if you can be arsed to look for it. Are you saying that it's not true then?
GY has elegantly answered my original question.
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

Don't know what gives you that idea Terry as the new committee haven't met kelvin yet and my calls with him since taking over have been very positive.
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMark Sennett&quot wrote:Don't know what gives you that idea Terry as the new committee haven't met kelvin yet and my calls with him since taking over have been very positive.
Nice try at spin Mark.

Are you saying that you and some of the other committee members have not met Kelvin yet Mark? I think we both know that not to be true.

How much were the avertising boards and hoardings Mark?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:The OxVox committee never said that A-Ro. They said that they would not openly discuss commercially confidential matters with the membership.
I can fully understand that's the way it has to be. But that's the sort of stuff that I would want to know. And as I have no interest in being on the committee I have no interest in being in OxVox. I just want to stay out of this sort of stuff. If the club found themselves in another crisis then I would have a very different take on things.

That said I have nothing but admiration for those that have dedicated time to OxVox over the years and those that will dedicate time in years to come.
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

Yes I can say that as fact. The boards came to £400 in total for all 3 boards installation was free as Denton builders didn't charge us andwe are very greatful for that.

No spin Terry I've had nothing but good conversations with kelvin since the agm.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMark Sennett&quot wrote:Yes I can say that as fact. The boards came to £400 in total for all 3 boards installation was free as Denton builders didn't charge us andwe are very greatful for that.

No spin Terry I've had nothing but good conversations with kelvin since the agm.
I meant you spun that the committee had not met Kelvin, when in fact bar one or two new faces, they have.

Thanks for the information about the costs of the boards. How long will they be in place for?
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

True but not since we have assumed are new positions. Boards will be ongoing while there is space.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Talking of boards, howÔÇÖs your internet board doing these days?
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

Busier than the Oxford mail forum!