Not sure I approve

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Not sure I approve

Post by Hog »

But I smiled anyway!

http://i54.tinypic.com/2na4t9d.jpg

Apparently this is Maclean just after it went 4-3!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

That link's not working for me, Hog.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Works for me. Was he booked?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:Works for me. Was he booked?
On what grounds could he have possibly been booked. Entertaining the (away) crowd?
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Time wasting? How would we feel if that were the opposition? Likely to provoke opposing fans? How would we feel if that were the opposition?

I couldn't give chapter and verse, but my recollection of the FIFA interpretations of the laws includes a phrase something like &quotacts in a manner which shows lack of respect for the game&quot under unsporting behaviour.

I'm not, by the way, suggesting that he should have been booked ... ! Just that it is the sort of thing that refs tend to take offence over.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

dont remember seeing that :lol:
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:That link's not working for me, Hog.
Try this one

http://yellows.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... hread=4425
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I think there was a precedent set for this when andrei kanchelskis did this at Rangers. He wasn't booked then, so reason why McLean should be for exactly the same &quotoffence&quot.

If anything, he should be done for plagiarism...
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

If a player was ever to be booked for such entertainment we might as well all pack up now, switch the lights off and kiss the game we love goodbye. And before anyone says anything .... I would have acknowledged the quality (probably not the right word) if it had been done against us. Football needs things like this ... &quotdo you remember when MacLean stood on the ball at Torquay&quot is much more likely to be talked about in 20 years time than &quot do you remember that drab 0-0 draw at ... &quot

Stuart Massey swinging on the crossbar. Remember it well.
Beach Road End
Brat

Re:

Post by Beach Road End »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote: Stuart Massey swinging on the crossbar. Remember it well.
And with Moods doing a handstand. Iconic image or me 8)
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotBeach Road End&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote: Stuart Massey swinging on the crossbar. Remember it well.
Yes, should have mentioned big Paul's handstand. Very much an iconic image. Do we have others that stand out?
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Paul Powell did that very same thing under Mal Shottons reign. It did'nt go down too well if i remember rightly.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotBeach Road End&quot wrote:
Yes, should have mentioned big Paul's handstand. Very much an iconic image. Do we have others that stand out?
Mike Ford sitting on top of the injured Martin Aldridge celebrating after Aldridge had scored against Sw*nd*n at the LRT end
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote: Mike Ford sitting on top of the injured Martin Aldridge celebrating after Aldridge had scored against Sw*nd*n at the LRT end
Yep, had forgotten about that one.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Anyone remember John Byrne's keepie-ups in the 4-0 win against Hull? He had just gone over to be substituted but the ref had restarted play...the ball came over to Byrne on the touchline and for what seemed like an age, he showed off his skills, right in front of the Hull dug-out. They went bonkers.