Rather amusing ....

Anything yellow and blue
neilw
Puberty

Rather amusing ....

Post by neilw »

I was at a meeting in Germany yesterday, with colleagues from around Europe. I knew them all apart from one guy who was from Norway, whom I'd not met before.

After the meeting, the Norweigan chap asked if I came from England. He then asked &quotwhich part, North or South&quot. I replied &quotOxford, which is in the south&quot. He responded &quot Ahh, I've been to Oxford in 1991 or 92 ...............I had a trial with Oxford United&quot

He went on to recall his memories of Denis Smith, Joey, Gilly and Moody from his week long trial. It didn't lead to anything further and he never made it as a professional footballer. However, he had kept his &quotManor Leisure&quot training gear as a memory of the experience.

Made me smile and made my day
Last edited by neilw on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Neil

If he is visting and fancies a game for the Fever.......you know to contact me!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

What was his name Neil?
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

:!:
Last edited by neilw on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I know that I normally err on the side of paranoia but I can't help feeling that this information would have been better delivered by PM.
Last edited by A-Ro on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Gilly didnt join till 1995 and Moody didnt join till 1994
this chaps memory doesnt appear great?!
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

In fairness, it's my memory that's not great rather than his. I was throwing loads of names at him to see which he could recall. In response to &quotPaul Moody?&quot was &quotThe tall striker, not very skillful?&quot ....... On reflection, that's a rather harsh assumed confirmation on my part, when the guy was probably recalling the nightmare of a Trevor Aylott encounter.

Also, he knew a fair few names through maintaining a passing interest in the club. He was saying that going to OUFC was a big deal, for him, as he'd grown up watching English football in the 80's and seeing John Aldridge playing for us in the top division.