The season starts here...

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

The season starts here...

Post by Kernow Yellow »

...Or at least it did for me. That was my first game, and worth every penny of the £130 return train fare

So proud of our performance tonight, and such a joy to be part of a big crowd in a properly big ground again.

If we play like that for the rest of the campaign, we won't have many problems this year. We need to work out how to win league games though, and I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of positive results in the next 2 saturdays.

Come on you Yellows!
Nashy
Toddler

Post by Nashy »

Just back from Upton Park after a tediously long tube queue. Wonderful to be spectating in a proper stadium again and seeing proper football.... from both sides. In a perverse way glad it didn't go to extra time tho we deserved to hold on. The fans were fantastic and the singing of 'we've got a team to be proud of' was gratifying after all those barren years. We actually tried and partially succeeded to take them on at a passing game - very encouraging and refreshing. Jake Wright was magnificent and if he retains this form as I'm sure he can we may be getting tempting offers come the Jan window. Bulman and Heslop were also immense and Clarke made 1 or 2 superb saves. No real weak links tho Cole looked off the pace a bit. If we can get a couple of wins in next 2-3 weeks to boost confidence we really could push for play-off places and generate enough excitement to see attendances growing. This passing football really is quite good to watch.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

It was as good a result as a loss can be. We made a good account of ourselves on a big stage versus big opposition, and can go out heads held high. Yes, their striker appeared to be channeling the ghost of Yemi, but Clarke was immense as well. We'll be lucky to hold on to him at this rate.

I had a psychic octopus feeling halfway through the second half that they'd get an injury-time winner, though.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Ha! So I wasn't the only one thinking that then Smiley!

Never mind, it was an absolutely magnificent effort. MAGNIFICENT!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Ha! So I wasn't the only one thinking that then Smiley!

That makes 3 of us at least!

That was Jake Wright's best performance. He showed real class against what should be much higher calibre opposition and made them look ordinary.

As Nashy said, the only downer was the tube wait.

The result does not matter one iota. The team played magnificently.
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

Ah the tube wait. It was fine for me as one of the police told me that we had our own queue and then got fasttracked onto a fairly empty tube train straight to paddington non stop.

Unfortunatly, I then had to get to bicester so still took me ages in the end.
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:

That was Jake Wright's best performance. He showed real class against what should be much higher calibre opposition and made them look ordinary.

Great performance, from fans and team.

We solved the tube wait by going to the pub :)
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:

Now there's a quote from GY for the scrapbook!

We'd probably have won if Foster was playing, tho... :lol:
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

You know in a peverse way it was the ideal outcome. Obviously I wanted to win, but a win could well have created an &quotafter the lord mayors show&quot situation much like Bury. A draw would have meant extra time we could have done without and the team will take so much out of the way we played and lost. Can't wait now for Saturday, get the hat started want to predict a big Oxford win!!
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotPeterorange&quot wrote:Great performance, from fans and team.

We solved the tube wait by going to the pub :)
told you it was the best idea.

can't believe you left the kids on their own to play with the knife draw!