Boris

Anything yellow and blue
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Boris

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Quick question Boris, do you know of any Programme fairs coming up soon or of anyone who is interested in purchasing any programmes.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

There's no fairs coming up locally that I'm aware of. There's one in Kensington, West London on Sunday and others coming up in Portsmouth and Wolverhampton before the big one in London on 5 May.

As for buying progs, I guess it depends what you've got! I'm always interested in Headington progs or rare OUFC ones, but if they're standard OU league issues then your best bet is either ebay or maybe putting a message on TIU.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Two queries for all you programme collectors.
1- Is there a technical term like philatelists for stamp collectors?.

2 - On the TonyKempster forum there is a thread about insults in programmes, and I mentioned the OUFC programme where the ghost-written manager notes had an acrostic spelling out W----R for the capitalised letters of each paragraph. I thought it was a game towards the end of the Kemp era, and had seen the relevant page scanned in by someone on their facebook page. I think it was a previous programme editor but don't know who. An Oxford fan PM'd me asking which programme it was. Any ideas?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

1. I think the collective noun is probably something along the lines of programmophile, although in my case I prefer &quothistorical researcher&quot.

2. Can't remember the specific programme, but the editor was one David Crabtree.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotboris&quot wrote:1. I think the collective noun is probably something along the lines of programmophile, although in my case I prefer &quothistorical researcher&quot.

2. Can't remember the specific programme, but the editor was one David Crabtree.
It was Luton Town 23/10/99 Malcolm Shotton's last game as Oxford manager.
Last edited by Mally on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Thanks Boris, that puts me in the picture.
Its not just me but a mate as well who wants to get rid of a stack of OUFC programmes, if there are any which might interest you then i will let you know.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:1. I think the collective noun is probably something along the lines of programmophile, although in my case I prefer &quothistorical researcher&quot.

It was Luton Town 23/10/99 Malcolm Shotton's last game as Oxford manager.
thank you - decade out in the link description
Pugo
Sperm

Post by Pugo »

Isn’t the Didcot Town programme fair around this time?

It always seemed fairly well attended, so it would be fairly odd if it disappeared.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Sadly, the chap who organised the Diddy prog fair died last year, and as far as I know no one else has taken up the mantle. I'll post on here if I hear anything to the contrary.
Pugo
Sperm

Post by Pugo »

Wow! that's sad news, and quite a loss too for collectors.

OXman which seasons are the programmes you have? [or even better do you have a list?]
The OXman Cometh
Brat

I started going to watch OUFC in 1970 so that is an indicator of how far back the programmes go although my dad and brother were going before that. I have also managed to gain a small collection of other clubs programmes from around the country so what i am going to do is compile a list and when i do i will put it up on here. Bear with me.
Somewhere i have the Blackburn and Preston cup ties from 1964, anyone know if they are worth anything. (Serious replies only to this please!!)
The OXman Cometh
Brat

A friend has said he has 400-500 OUFC programmes from the 70's and 80's and would sell for a decent offer.