Extended Hayes and Yeading highlights

Anything yellow and blue
Matthewjbutler
Brat

Extended Hayes and Yeading highlights

Post by Matthewjbutler »

Eight and half minutes of action from the Hayes and Yeading game on Saturday here: http&#58//www&#46youtube&#46com/watch?v=pC7uh4-dNh0 for anyone who is interested.

Close to ten minutes of highlights seems a bit ambitious if you ask me - especially the number of replay 'highlights' the opposition have chosen for some of their apparent forays upfield. Hey, ho.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Extended Hayes and Yeading highlights

Post by slappy »

&quotMatthewjbutler&quot wrote:Eight and half minutes of action from the Hayes and Yeading game on Saturday here: http&#58//www&#46youtube&#46com/watch?v=pC7uh4-dNh0 for anyone who is interested.

Close to ten minutes of highlights seems a bit ambitious if you ask me - especially the number of replay 'highlights' the opposition have chosen for some of their apparent forays upfield. Hey, ho.
FA TROHPY :oops:

and why is Basham's head twice the size of everyone else in the line up?
Matthewjbutler
Brat

Post by Matthewjbutler »

Yep I was wandering the same thing. I love the contrast of the cheap and cheery cut-out heads and more professional looking graphics also used.

Basham obviously got a big head thinking about returning to the mighty Kassam, which he once graced!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Nice to see a good 8 or 9 minutes, as well as the behind the OM goal angle. I like the &quotReplay&quot flashing logo - reminds me of old style 70's and 80's tv coverage.

Also they seem to have turned the microphone up so you can hear more of the crowd noise compared to the usual BBC highlights.

I've asked Chris Williams about why the yellow player highlights are so short, and his reply was that BBC Oxford do the filming and editing, and so he has little control over how much they can put up. Apparently the upload time is quite horrendous too.

I did read that Oxford Brookes were going to be filming some games, but haven't heard much more. I've wondered before why there isn't more interest in a local school or college doing regular filming and editing as part of a tv and media course.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I used to be a proponent of the Oxford Channel (or Channel 6, whatever it was called) filming pre-season friendlies and reserves games (when we had them) as part of their journalistic training, but when I spoke to them about it they claimed that doing outside broadcasts, even when not live, were too resource-intensive and only big corps like the Beeb and Sky etc had the capacity. So if Brookes are doing it then either they're very rich, doing it poorly, or the technology has changed in the last 5/6 years (or the OC were bullshitting).
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

http&#58//www&#46oufc&#46co&#46uk/page/ ... 00&#46html
This was the last Brookes story - apparently it was for the home game against Barrow.

It seems odd that H&ampY can send 2 guys with a couple of video cameras and tripod, and edit into 10 minutes of reasonable highlights, but it is too expensive for anyone else to do.

Alty and York have their own film crews (and possibly Kettering, but there is some commercial connection there). Perhaps they were outside the Premium TV deal which all the league clubs got signed up for. I don't know the details, but I guess there is a contract stopping anyone but P-TV showing more than brief highlights for league games.
oxfordjames
Puberty

Post by oxfordjames »

At this point I would say I could film games, but looking at the amount of Fever highlights I haven't edited it would be a long time before any highlights showed up...