Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Oxford sniffing around 'Muff

Post by A-Ro »

Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

1 - Weymouth players, en-masse gave the club a 14 day notice that they will leave unless paid. The Cherries are also chasing Beavon.

2 - Thanks for exciting me, for a start I though you were talking about Swiss striker Andre Muff, he plays for Concordia and is pretty decent in Football Manager Live.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Don't know if we're doing the sniffing around it sounds more like the 'muff are propositioning us.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Oxford sniffing around 'Muff

Post by Snake »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Allegedly.
This quote came from a 30 minute Q&ampA session that Thomas and Wilder held on RadOx last night with the fans (which, if I may say so, was ruined by Bill Heine).
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

What did Bill Heine say?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Here you go..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... 2_02_2009/

You need to start listening at around two hours twenty eight minutes of the show.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
This quote came from a 30 minute Q&ampA session that Thomas and Wilder held on RadOx last night with the fans (which, if I may say so, was ruined by Bill Heine).
Heine was OK. Not liking football is not a crime.

The whole show was content free in my humble opinion. Poor standard of questions, no substitute for a proper fan's forum.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:

The whole show was content free in my humble opinion. Poor standard of questions, no substitute for a proper fan's forum.
How many people come to a fans forum compared to the audience figures for a drive show like the awful Heine hosts? And if you want to ask questions then just book a 1-2-1 with the Chairman - Kelvin has already seen 50-60 fans and is welcoming more. I know I found the experience interesting. All in all, I don’t think we’d have got any more concrete answers had a fans forum been held, and I’d welcome this sort of Q&ampA on a more regular basis (say every two or three months) rather than a bear pit of disgruntled fans every year or two.

Good to see Kelvin’s still getting on well with Uncle Firoz, and that for the first time it was explained in public exactly what happened with that Hutchinson registration form so we can all now see it was only really 2 points that OUFC were ever going to be get back on appeal.

The most disappointing part was the usual stuff being peddled about the stadium purchase, but at least Kelvin didn’t use the words “working tirelessly
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: This quote came from a 30 minute Q&ampA session that Thomas and Wilder held on RadOx last night with the fans (which, if I may say so, was ruined by Bill Heine).

How many people come to a fans forum compared to the audience figures for a drive show like the awful Heine hosts? And if you want to ask questions then just book a 1-2-1 with the Chairman - Kelvin has already seen 50-60 fans and is welcoming more. I know I found the experience interesting. All in all, I don’t think we’d have got any more concrete answers had a fans forum been held, and I’d welcome this sort of Q&ampA on a more regular basis (say every two or three months) rather than a bear pit of disgruntled fans every year or two.

Good to see Kelvin’s still getting on well with Uncle Firoz, and that for the first time it was explained in public exactly what happened with that Hutchinson registration form so we can all now see it was only really 2 points that OUFC were ever going to be get back on appeal.

The most disappointing part was the usual stuff being peddled about the stadium purchase, but at least Kelvin didn’t use the words “working tirelessly
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

even gordon brown's stopped using the phrase 'getting on with the job'.

i agree, the meetings are refreshing, and it's good to see our chairman making the time to talk to supporters. there's still a place for a fans' forum though i think - it means the discussion is in a public forum, rather than a private conversation.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The Barclays charge question may well be answered when the accounts are published, and I doubt we’ll ever see IL hosting a fans forum at OUFC again for the very obvious reason that he’s no longer interested in the club, apart from selling it.

As for patchy communication, then take a look at the OV website - it still says Jenny and Graham are on the committee and the last set of your committee minutes published are from December 8th. And before you say it, AO, Kelvin has a full time job as well..

By the way, AO, have you had your 1-2-1 with Kelvin yet, as you’d be better off raising these points with him directly rather than moaning on here about it?
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

beavon's gone on loan to wycombe...
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:beavon's gone on loan to wycombe...
With an agreement to sign for them in the summer.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:2 - Thanks for exciting me, for a start I though you were talking about Swiss striker Andre Muff, he plays for Concordia and is pretty decent in Football Manager Live.
Is he good around the box?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:beavon's gone on loan to wycombe...
At least he won't be scoring against us again this season then.