There isn't really going to be a game on Saturday is there?

Anything yellow and blue
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

There isn't really going to be a game on Saturday is there?

Post by tomoufc »

More snow expected -4C the night before. Check out the link:

http://www.ketteringtownfc.co.uk/story.php?story_id=75

Can't work out the linky thing sorry!

It seems we won't find out until the last minute because Ket are so far behind in their fixtures the learned elders of the BSP won't allow a pitch inspection until the Saturday. No good for me travelling down from Manchester!

If it does go ahead fans will be encouraged to shovel show in a scene reminiscent from Stalinist Russia.

Don't mean to discourge anyone from going as we should have a big crowd, just don't want to hide the truth from anyone.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

&quotThe Conference have instructed teams to leave the decision on fixtures as late as possible due to the current back-log, and whilst we will be doing this supporters please be advised that the game is really touch and go.&quot

More Micky Mouse stuff from the Conference fools. (If true)
The backlog should have nothing to do with it. A pitch is either fit for play or it ain't.
Anyone watching the the Big Match Revisited on ITV 4 ? Took a couple of feet of snow before they called games off in them days.
What Kettering are saying is that although the Confernence have told us we can't tell you yet, if you want you can read between the lines and see we are saying it won't be on.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Kettering already have seven games in hand over some clubs, so if it’s off then that’s 22 games for Them to play between now and the 25th of April, and it all has fit in with no-no dates like the England C internationals, FA Trophy and Setanta Shield complications.

Not sure what you mean about the BSP dictating pitch inspections as I heard there would be one tomorrow afternoon.

p.s. If you want to do a tidy link on here then it goes like this…

you write [url=http:etc]text[/url]
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I'm already making plans for saturday now (which involves not having any plans at all!) as I'm 95% convinced it'll be off.

However, I would love it go ahead:

a) to keep the momentum up

b) because we'll probably take 500 more fans than if it was on a Tues night.

c) I've got fuck all else to do!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I'm already making plans for saturday now (which involves not having any plans at all!) as I'm 95% convinced it'll be off.
I'd go for 98%.
At least we've got the Merton Winter Beer Festival for those of us who live North of Oxford - if it goes ahead and the beer is not frozen.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:What Kettering are saying is that although the Confernence have told us we can't tell you yet, if you want you can read between the lines and see we are saying it won't be on.
the horse's mouth seemed to back that up yesterday.

:(
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Wednesday night at the A - Line arena looks very likely
but loads more snow is forecast for Monday/Tuesday.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Game off - official.

Rescheduled for Tuesday night.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Fair play.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

still, the six nations champions kick off their defence of the title on sunday...

8)
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:still, the six nations champions kick off their defence of the title on sunday...

8)
Yawn.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Can anyone really imagine that this is going to get played on Tuesday?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:Can anyone really imagine that this is going to get played on Tuesday?
If the BBC overnight weather forecast for the next few days is to be believed the pitch will be as hard as concrete. Chances of it being played about 250/1. What a stupid idea to reschedule it for Tuesday. But Kettering are running out of slots to fit in all their backlog. Punishment for FA Cup success.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I hope it is postponed again as I really want to make this away fixture (a gorund in the conf I have not yet done) and I can't make Tuesday night. I'm praying for a big freeze over the next 3 days...!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Does praying work then?