A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Marketing assistant.

Post by A-Ro »

recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Next week:

Raging Fever player called up to the squad.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

Is he a member of OxVox?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Next week:

Raging Fever player called up to the squad.
I honestly don't think it would hurt! I would like to attend training with some Fever players and try to explain to these monkeys just what an honour it is to wear that yellow shirt.....I seriously doubt that most of them 'get it'!
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotGeoff&quot wrote:Is he a member of OxVox?
i should hope that all the raging fever team are oxvox members, so that wouldn't really narrow it down...
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotGeoff&quot wrote:Is he a member of OxVox?
i should hope that all the raging fever team are oxvox members, so that wouldn't really narrow it down...
I can tell you that we aren't.......speaking personally no-one has ever really explained to me what OxVox is/does and why I should join......and if they aren't conecting with people as dedicated to OUFC as myself and other Feverites I don't think they are really in touch with OUFC fans in general.....no offence BTW....
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

None taken. Here are some answers:

OxVox is the independent supporters trust for OUFC. It is run by supporters for supporters.

It has a number of official aims (which you can read about in more detail here), but as far as I'm concerned it boils down to the idea that it is important that the voice of supporters is heard at OUFC, and a collective voice is stronger than many individual ones. A football club that is genuinely representative of the community needs to engage with supporters and listen to them if it is to succeed, and that's what a supporters trust wants to see.

Why should you join? Again, for me it's simply that if you agree with that statement, the trust only works if supporters get involved and join the trust. The more members it has, the more effective it is - in essence, it is what we make of it.

At the moment, a primary focus of the trust is inevitably on the club's financial issues, so for instance, you will see us at the game on Saturday helping out with members of the Us Youth to raise money for the Youth Development programme. You can always come and say hello and have a chat then if you want to hear more - plans are yet to be confirmed, but I suspect I'll be around the East Stand. There are usually OxVox committee members in the Exhibition bar area before other home games, and we hold open meetings on a regular basis for all supporters - you'll find out about those from the annoying posts I put up on here. Or I can come along for a RF game some time, but I doubt you want a dodgy right back who's only just gone back to playing after a summer's cycling...
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:Or I can come along for a RF game some time, but I doubt you want a dodgy right back who's only just gone back to playing after a summer's cycling...
They've already got a dodgy right back, thank you very much!
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:None taken. Here are some answers:

OxVox is the independent supporters trust for OUFC. It is run by supporters for supporters.

It has a number of official aims (which you can read about in more detail here), but as far as I'm concerned it boils down to the idea that it is important that the voice of supporters is heard at OUFC, and a collective voice is stronger than many individual ones. A football club that is genuinely representative of the community needs to engage with supporters and listen to them if it is to succeed, and that's what a supporters trust wants to see.

Why should you join? Again, for me it's simply that if you agree with that statement, the trust only works if supporters get involved and join the trust. The more members it has, the more effective it is - in essence, it is what we make of it.

At the moment, a primary focus of the trust is inevitably on the club's financial issues, so for instance, you will see us at the game on Saturday helping out with members of the Us Youth to raise money for the Youth Development programme. You can always come and say hello and have a chat then if you want to hear more - plans are yet to be confirmed, but I suspect I'll be around the East Stand. There are usually OxVox committee members in the Exhibition bar area before other home games, and we hold open meetings on a regular basis for all supporters - you'll find out about those from the annoying posts I put up on here. Or I can come along for a RF game some time, but I doubt you want a dodgy right back who's only just gone back to playing after a summer's cycling...
Just gone over the 400 member barrier as well. We are gaining momentum. Come on Roo make yourself known at our desk on Saturday. And your mates.