Green has signed for someone else ...

Anything yellow and blue
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Should we be slaughtering the club two months before the season starts?
What time would you recommend?
entirely disenchanted
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

What a nasty Judas prick. I hope he snaps both his knees in two first day of the season. At the end of last season I didn't fancy our chances of keeping him but after that interview the other day on radox and arranging a meeting to sign?!!?!?! Crazy.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:What a nasty Judas prick. I hope he snaps both his knees in two first day of the season. At the end of last season I didn't fancy our chances of keeping him but after that interview the other day on radox and arranging a meeting to sign?!!?!?! Crazy.
I think you've mistaken us for TiU. No need for that sort of crap.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

TorKey must be verging on being able to field an entire ex-Yellows XI.

Perhaps that's the main criteria in getting a contract there?
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:What a nasty Judas prick. I hope he snaps both his knees in two first day of the season. At the end of last season I didn't fancy our chances of keeping him but after that interview the other day on radox and arranging a meeting to sign?!!?!?! Crazy.
I think you've mistaken yourself for a football fan, droid. You're honestly telling me that you wish the nasty little tart an injury free and successful season, Hog, and that taking another view constitutes crap? I obviously wouldn't write that in an article (though Patterson essentially paraphrases my sentiment on the official site) but I was under the impression that football fora are mediums for expressing and discussing differing opinions, including those which others may disagree with, rather than pedalling the same standard crap.

As a result when I see Green turn his back on a club who (as the radox interview suggested) had given him a lot, I think 'judas prick' rather than 'good luck matt, thanks for all you have done and good luck next year, hopefully with your help we can lose 4-3 at home this time and 4-2 away.'

I'm so sorry I forgot that the only legitimate justification for displays of emotion on here are limited to expressing annoyance at gramatical errors.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

bye bye Mr Windass. x
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Crikey Deano, you've put a helluva lot of words into my mouth there (and Pattersons)! I don't think I actually said or even inferred any of that. A slight over-reaction by you on both posts I feel. I don't have any strong views on what Green does next season and I certainly don't wish him any injury. Perhaps if he'd shot my granny and burgled my house I'd be a bit more emotional about it!

And your first posting was crap, still is crap and will always be crap (unless you edit it of course). Sorry for having another view to yours and expressing it.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

I'm well pissed off with this but wouldn't go as far as wishing a nasty injury on him.
We are all looking to blame someone -you have obviously gone 100% for Mr Green.
Perhaps some / all of the blame should be laid at OUFC's door for having massively effed up the finances and not being able to offer better packages than more poorly supported (but possibly) better run rivals.
If however Green turns out to be a crock who spends long spells out injured the Torquay decision to give him a 2 year contract will be a mistake. Perhaps we've learnt our lesson with Chris Wilmott, although I doubt it.
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Crikey Deano, you've put a helluva lot of words into my mouth there (and Pattersons)! I don't think I actually said or even inferred any of that. A slight over-reaction by you on both posts I feel. I don't have any strong views on what Green does next season and I certainly don't wish him any injury. Perhaps if he'd shot my granny and burgled my house I'd be a bit more emotional about it!

And your first posting was crap, still is crap and will always be crap (unless you edit it of course). Sorry for having another view to yours and expressing it.
No need to apologise for having a different view: if you back at the thread it was YOU who objected to ME having an opinion that you felt constituted crap that instigated this kerfuffle.

I also think that Matt Green has shown himself to be exactly the sort of mercenary, loyalty-less scumbag that may very possibly have burgled your house or shot at your granny should there have been more money in doing so than signing for Torquay. You may have had a lucky escape in that sense. What Patterson said (and its on the official site so you can read it yourself) was essentially that Matt Green is an unprofessional, ungrateful and injury prone little lying bitch who has screwed us over.

What I disagree with is exactly this 'I don't have any strong views on what Green does next season' notion. How can you not? While several factors are clearly involved (including past financial mismanagement which has weakened our negotiating clout) in him not signing, the most significant seems to be the player's own attitude.

Not caring how this all turns out seems like 'crap' to me. If we end up signing a 20 goal a year striker in replacement then all is well, if we don't which I fear will be the case, then the Matt Green's success/failure at Torquay, as well as our ability to adapt, will determine the significance of this potentially giant disaster.
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

I spite of Green's impressive goal return, I agree with Patto that a striker with his heart in this club will be of more use to us when the chips are down.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:I'm well pissed off with this but wouldn't go as far as wishing a nasty injury on him.
We are all looking to blame someone -you have obviously gone 100% for Mr Green.
Perhaps some / all of the blame should be laid at OUFC's door for having massively effed up the finances and not being able to offer better packages than more poorly supported (but possibly) better run rivals.
If however Green turns out to be a crock who spends long spells out injured the Torquay decision to give him a 2 year contract will be a mistake. Perhaps we've learnt our lesson with Chris Wilmott, although I doubt it.
Maybe, in fact we have.

Two year contratcs for an injury prone player is obviously not on the agenda now.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotThe Enforcer&quot wrote: a striker with his heart in this club will be of more use to us when the chips are down.
Let's hope we can find one then. And soon, otherwise I fear for season ticket sales.
And while we are at it, what about a midfield partner for Murray.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Hmm, given that we could have spent the last few games giving some of the better youngsters a decent run in league games, rather than paying loanees that now seem to be waving goodbye, it's very disappointing.

I'm pleased with the policy of one-year contracts for all, no exceptions. A very sensible move in a Conference club with big bills.

Time to pour a pot of coffee down Jim's neck and send him out to dinner with some old muckers, methinks.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:
I think you've mistaken yourself for a football fan, droid. You're honestly telling me that you wish the nasty little tart an injury free and successful season, Hog, and that taking another view constitutes crap? I obviously wouldn't write that in an article (though Patterson essentially paraphrases my sentiment on the official site) but I was under the impression that football fora are mediums for expressing and discussing differing opinions, including those which others may disagree with, rather than pedalling the same standard crap.

As a result when I see Green turn his back on a club who (as the radox interview suggested) had given him a lot, I think 'judas prick' rather than 'good luck matt, thanks for all you have done and good luck next year, hopefully with your help we can lose 4-3 at home this time and 4-2 away.'

I'm so sorry I forgot that the only legitimate justification for displays of emotion on here are limited to expressing annoyance at gramatical errors.
Green is no different to 90% of professional footballers in that they have little or no loyalty to a club. When the chips are down, or rather when a wad of cash is flashed, they just go off to the highest bidder and for understandable reasons. A good job it’s not the same scenario with the supporters.

And yes, there are differences between this board and TiU that are not just limited to the use of grammar - no wonder you once got sent off three times in one game.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

What were Kassam's bailiffs hoping to seize from the club one wonders?

The contents of Jimbo's whisky cabinet or his stash of MonteCristo cigars?

Don't forget that Nick could probably call upon Mr Loophole for advice.