entirely disenchanted
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

You coming over for Wembley, Justin?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

No, if we get there I shall try and watch it in an expats' pub in Zaragoza.
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

If we got to the final and it was held in Zaragoza I’d still find a way of getting there, but let’s not tempt fate and chat about Wembely yet, eh?

/

Speaking of more definite appointments, it’s actually becoming quite annoying not knowing where we have to go a week on Friday night until next Saturday. The only thing that is definite is that it’s a bank holiday Friday and so the traffic won’t be helpful on the M6 (Morecambe), M1 (York), or M4 (Exeter).

We also don’t yet have a date yet for the second leg, though that will probably be the Tuesday as Sky TV tend to televise the team that has the biggest online betting community apparently (so that will be us then).

Come on Burton Albion!
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:If we got to the final and it was held in Zaragoza I’d still find a way of getting there
Well I tell you what Snake, seeing as I have next to no income I'll quite happily accept your offer to pay for my flights and match ticket. Will you pay by cheque or credit card?
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
We also don’t yet have a date yet for the second leg, though that will probably be the Tuesday as Sky TV tend to televise the team that has the biggest online betting community apparently (so that will be us then).

Come on Burton Albion!
Both second legs are being televised on Sky, so that's no indication I'm afraid.

And yes, come on Burton (or Gravesend or Stevenage)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I’ll pledge £50 for your fare because it would be a shame if you didn’t make it on account of you being short of a few notes.

It’s a serious offer and cash only I’m afraid.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

That should cover the flights (provided I book now) but not the train fares or ticket. Any more for any more?
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I'll get you a ticket mate (might be in the cheap seats, though!)
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I'll get you a ticket mate
Can you lot please use the conditional tense when referring to our possible game at Wembley?

This fate-tempting is really putting my nerves on edge.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Thinking about our likely semi final opponents:

Morcambe - home to Greys so they should win and finish 3rd

Exeter - home to Southport who's bubble has just bust. I predict a win and 78 points and a 4th place finish

York - safe bet a draw with the runners up? This would but them behind Exeter on either goal difference or goals scored, depending on Exeter's result

Burton - home to Rushden and a win would also put them on 78 points but behind on goal difference. An Oxford win would see them pip York for 5th place.

Gravesend - surely too late now. Even an away win at Dagenham would give them only 77 points

Stevenage - ditto - if they win both games away to Northwich on Wednesday and away at Halifax on Saturday they can only achieve 75 points
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

If Exeter beat Southport 1-0 and we draw 2-2 with York, then York and Exeter would tie for 4th place according to Conference rules. Both clubs would finish the season with the same points, goal difference and goals scored. Should this be the case, they would have to play a pre-play-off play-off match to decide who will play us or Morcambe. The Conference could have used the games between the clubs to determine the outcome as they do in the Champions League. However, had they done so, on both occasions the matches were drawn (but York did better on away goals!).
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Let's hope that happens then, Sideshow. Not only would it be unusual and slightly hilarious, it would also give the opposition an extra game with which to knacker themselves out, receive injuries etc.
Long John Silver
Brat

Re:

Post by Long John Silver »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Come on Burton Albion!
Both second legs are being televised on Sky, so that's no indication I'm afraid.

And yes, come on Burton (or Gravesend or Stevenage)
Our home leg confirmed as Tuesday at 7.45pm
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Thanks, but people on here will already know that. I suggest you spread the news on TiU, where you may surprise and inform many readers.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Oxford||United