Gary Waddock

Anything yellow and blue
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re: Gary Waddock

Post by Brahma Bull »

ty cobb wrote:
Brahma Bull wrote:
JoeyBeauchamp wrote:Looking at tonight's results, which actually went slightly better than I had expected in terms of the teams below us, a few things have become clear:

1. Automatic is surely beyond us.
2. Dagenham, Newport and Hartlepool are probably out of the play-off race
3. The last two play-offs places are likely to be between us, Southend, York and Plymouth.

Four wins out of seven would probably cement our place. Win on Saturday, beat Fleetwood (whose form is patchy), and Accrington, leaves the last game of the season as the clincher. Who is that against again?

Clearly this is the glass half-full outlook - the alternative is that we don't pick up another point until we beat an already safe Northampton 4-0 to secure a brave 9th place
That's more like it. To much defeatism about in other quarters and yes it's been a poor fare of late but we do have a stonking chance compared to previous seasons. We haven't been in this position at this stage in the last few years, we've always been chasing it down.

We need our fans to start believing because some of them don't or don't want too. We need to all be united once more for one common cause. The side need to know it, the management need to know it and we all need to play our part.
I find this post quite offensive, regardless of a fans view of what has happened this season we ALL want to believe and are united in wanting OUFC to kick on and get promotion, find me a OUFC fan that doesn't want to believe? The problem is the evidence on the pitch suggests all is not well, recent events have had a devestating impact on our season and we very much look like dropping out of the play offs.

Won't stop me turning up on Sat and shouting myself hoarse for 90 minutes.

Worrying article by Dubes on the Oxfordmail site today, if true hardly suggests GW is this forward thinking modern manager that seems to have been suggested.
I am struggling to find the offensive bit. There are fans who have given up and are accepting us tumbling out of the play-offs - I can find them on other forums and social media. I believe, I am sure most on here do but that doesn't mean everyone does. There seems to be a few who are writing-us off. I don't think that vibe is condusive. There's nothing offensive in that.

Regarding Mr Duberry I found his article, depsite his right to speak, hardly beneficial. What benefit does that offer to a club who want to drive on and fight for promotion. All it does is put doubts in people's minds about the manager, days after the Oxford Mail printed an article backing the appointment and wanting it to kick things on. It was the wrong time to print it regardless of Dubes' view.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

SmileyMan wrote:My counter argument is simply: why do the fans have to 'believe' and 'get behind the team' before the players will start to do their effing jobs? In most other lines of work you put the effort in and get rewarded for it afterwards.
Yes I understand that view. I think we will be far more successful if we all encourage/support the side when they need it and they encourage and support the fans by putting in some acceptable performances. The mantra for this season is #unitedwestand . Plenty do support and encourage the side but others seem quite content on finding faults - a man near me in the SSU regularly shouts abuse at Josh Ruffels and others.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

GodalmingYellow wrote:
Brahma Bull wrote: Reading YF has been quite depressing - I accept the counter-argument is that the peeps who are writing the season off are citing realism - but we do have a good chance. We need our fans - that's the large majority to start really believing.

A bit harsh on YFD there BB.

Like most of us YF just reflects what we see, and that doesn't stop us going out next game and giving full support.
Sorry T, just seen the offensive/harsh bit. That should have read "We need our fans - that's the large majority excluded to start really believing"

My point being, a small section, probably on forums who don't go much, are simply writing us off. I don't get that.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Brahma Bull wrote:
GodalmingYellow wrote:
Brahma Bull wrote: Reading YF has been quite depressing
A bit harsh on YFD there BB.

Like most of us YF just reflects what we see, and that doesn't stop us going out next game and giving full support.
Sorry T, just seen the offensive/harsh bit. That should have read "We need our fans - that's the large majority excluded to start really believing"

My point being, a small section, probably on forums who don't go much, are simply writing us off. I don't get that.
You two are talking at cross purposes I think. BB was talking about Yellows Forum (YF), not YFDan.

Anyway, this #believe thing is a bit nebulous isn't it? I believe we can still get promotion because it's mathematically possible. Do I think we will? No, because the evidence in front of my eyes tells me that we're not good enough, and it's been telling me that at every game I've been to this season bar Fratton Park. I'm very happy to be positive and 'believe' (or suspend my disbelief) when I'm at the game. But I don't really see the need to do that when posting on an internet forum to be honest. That doesn't mean I'm in any way disunited.
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

Re dubes articles he is also talking about waddock from 4/5 seasons ago now.

Waddock would have learnt a lot from wycombe a issues and he himself comments on the thing he learnt whilst working on the academy stuff and at mk.

We are always learning.

As always I think we are in for an interesting summer as the playoffs are a lottery I expect we will try to avoid with autos next year.

Finally two or three of the players were verbally abused in front of their families yesterday in Bicester. That will not help motivate them.