TIME FOR A CLEAROUT

Anything yellow and blue
STEVE F
Brat

TIME FOR A CLEAROUT

Post by STEVE F »

YET ANOTHER HOME DEFEAT SHOWS A NUMBER OF PLAYERS ARE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND NEED TO BE
GONE , I DONT CARE IF FANS AND PLAYERS ARE UPSET WITH THE PLAYERS WE HAVE WE ARE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH CONSTABLE , POTTER , RIGG WRIGHT WHING AND SMALLY ALL NEED TO BE GOT RID OF ASAP
TIME TO FIND THE MONEY TO BRING IN SOME CLASS , TYPE OF PLAYERS NEEDED LEON CLARK STUART BEAVON LEE HOLMES KYLEIGH OSBORNE . AND ONE OTHER THING THE REASON WE HAVE NOT YET SEEN THE BEST OF DAVE KITSON
IS THAT HE IS A CLASS AND THE PLAYERS HE IS PLAYING WITH WEEK IN WEEK OUT ARE NOT .
IF WILDER CANNOT SEE THIS THEN IT IS TIME FOR THE CHAIRMAN TO START LOOKING FOR A NEW MANAGER
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re: TIME FOR A CLEAROUT

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Zzzzzzzzzz.....
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Message from front line to HQ. STOP.
United lost match. STOP.
Dubious decision - foul outside box. STOP.
Collapsed to second place in table. STOP.
Season falling apart. STOP.
Await further instructions. STOP.

HQ to front line. STOP
Panic. STOP.
Catastrophic result - no way back. STOP.
Need new RSM and cannon-fodder. STOP.
Retreat. Retreat. Retreat. STOP.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

While we're at it sack the chairman and move the club to a city with a higher population. The crowds are too low.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

And while we're at it, I'm sick of yellow and blue ...
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

But are we going to talk about the football, then? That top of the league Oxford lost to an injury hit 21st place Gas side that hadn't won an away game all season?
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

We know we aren't great at home but I'm not sure we learned much from this game. Maybe it was just a close local derby dominated by the wind and decided by a random penalty. Kitson played well but I'd rather have a creative midfielder or fast forward in his place.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

It sounds like Whing could do with a rest. Reports suggest he wasn't in the game, and we could have done with a bit more creativity and spark in the middle. How about Davies and Rose in central midfield? Too lightweight? Hall and Rose, then?
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

First visit this season (I live away from Oxford these days and normally work on Saturdays so can't get to the KasStad much any more). Hugely disappointed, I thought Rovers were generally the better side of the two, their midfield hunted in packs and completely obliterated ours, they played to a pattern, exploited space on the wing and a very ineffective fullback in Hunt, and were good value for at least a point. Thanks to our profligate finishing and a dodgy ref they got all three.

I thought our use of the ball, particularly in midfield, was awful. There seems to be no game plan, no pattern and no shape. Far too much lumping the ball up the park.

And the most worrying thing is it just looked like Brizzle wanted it more, particularly in the first half.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Werthers Original wrote:We know we aren't great at home
That's quite an understatement. Our home record this season is woeful - 20th out of 24 teams.

And our home 'form' (last 6 games) is even worse, yielding well under a point per game.

So basically our home crowds are witnessing relegation football. Which has to be a huge worry for the club, however brilliant our away form. Saturday's crowd was at least 1,000 down on what it should have been given our league position, and almost 3,000 down on the equivalent fixture 2 years ago. I'm certainly not making any effort to get to home games at the moment, and I'm sure there are many others like me.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Message to IL. STOP.

Pull out now while team still is doing well. Don’t leave it until May. STOP.

Play-offs too much of a gamble to hope to get your money back. Take best offer from any buyer now and concentrate on Wigan. STOP.

Don’t make the Oxford United FC accounts public until forced to do so. STOP.

Time is running out and the attendances are dropping and some people are disenfranchised with the whole ownership situation. STOP.

///

There are lots of people who don’t come any more to the ‘Home of Oxford United’ but are still out there and frustrated and watching from a distance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

People on here sometimes refer to 'the other side'.

Reading the opening post on here, there or anywhere I wonder if I am living in a parallel universe.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Paul Cooper wrote:I wonder if I am living in a parallel universe.
Or living in a Black Hole?

The new Director finally made public today - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/paul-wright/15/210/696
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

Snake wrote:

The new Director finally made public today - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/paul-wright/15/210/696
So you agree with the opening post out of interest?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Paul Cooper wrote:
Snake wrote:

So you agree with the opening post out of interest?
Not at all. He’s barking up the wrong long-term tree

The WPL accounts are out today. They show that in the period ending 31st January 2013 the ‘loan’ to them has risen from £3,294,493 to £5,487,062 in the last year.

I make that £42,165 a week, but my maths and logic are dodgy so I’m happy to be corrected by the accountants who also use this board.

At least if my figures are right then they reflect better than the official report from Companies House, which states that WPL (and others) kindly waived interest on the debt which amounted to some very round numbers.