Someone else
5%

Total votes: 20

GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: I still think D&ampG will either not have the ability to sustain their lead
on the upside they'll be very fashionably attired in the play-offs though!
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Anyone know how many penalties Yemi has garnered for us this season, and if he’d been taking them then how many goals would he have scored compared to Duffy? (that snippet is exclusively for Radley Rambler!).
i make it 4: burton away, southport home pen., grays away pen., tamworth away pen.

so if odubade had taken them (on the assumption that odubade is any good at penalties and had put them away, and that's an un-tested assumption!) he would now be on 12 goals, with duffy on 17.
So they will :oops:
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

I can think of one against Aldershot at home too, but Burge took that.

I'm sure there are more
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

According to the mighty Yemster himself the answer is 10. From yesterday's OM:

&quotRob's penalty record is unbelievable , but it helps when someone's getting all the penalties for him. I think I've got ten, so I should get an assist for all of those - and an assist bonus!&quot

In the accompanying photo you can just see his tongue in his cheek.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: I still think D&ampG will either not have the ability to sustain their lead
on the upside they'll be very fashionably attired in the play-offs though!
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Anyone know how many penalties Yemi has garnered for us this season, and if he’d been taking them then how many goals would he have scored compared to Duffy? (that snippet is exclusively for Radley Rambler!).
i make it 4: burton away, southport home pen., grays away pen., tamworth away pen.

so if odubade had taken them (on the assumption that odubade is any good at penalties and had put them away, and that's an un-tested assumption!) he would now be on 12 goals, with duffy on 17.
So they will :oops:
Add Aldershot at home to above. We have had 12 pens this season. 2 missed. 'Quite remarkable hey Motty'.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I make it that Yemi was responsible for five of Duffy's penalty goals: away at Burton, home to Southport, home to Lewes, away at Grays, and then away at Tamworth.

The others were: Halifax (h) Duffy Southport (h) Fast Eddie D&ampR (a FA Cup) Duffy Tamworth (h) Pettefer.

Of the other pens we've won: the one Bash missed at Morecambe was made by Robbo III as was the one that Quinny missed v Exeter the one Burge scored v Aldershot was made by Yemi and the one Burge scored at Exeter was a handball from a Pettefer cross.

So there you have it. Case closed, or summat.

Edit: and Res Ox, we've had 13 pens this season.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I make it that Yemi was responsible for five of Duffy's penalty goals: away at Burton, home to Southport, home to Lewes, away at Grays, and then away at Tamworth.

The others were: Halifax (h) Duffy Southport (h) Fast Eddie D&ampR (a FA Cup) Duffy Tamworth (h) Pettefer.

Of the other pens we've won: the one Bash missed at Morecambe was made by Robbo III as was the one that Quinny missed v Exeter the one Burge scored v Aldershot was made by Yemi and the one Burge scored at Exeter was a handball from a Pettefer cross.

OK I forgot Lewes game . (Can you blame me?)
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Well, I've cursed it now - 7/2 for D&ampR not to win was easily worth a tenner.

I really should not let my heart near Betfair.
Crabbers
Embryo

Post by Crabbers »

one word: BLACKPOOL.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotCrabbers&quot wrote:one word: BLACKPOOL.
Does anyone know how many points behind Blackpool we were with 11 games to go? I was hoping to find this info in the RO databank, but no joy.

I know we were 8 points clear of Lincoln with 11 games to go in March 2004, and they ended up beating us to the final play-off spot by 3 points. But I don't think we can rely on Daggers having as bad a time of it now as we did then...
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Does anyone know how many points behind Blackpool we were with 11 games to go? I was hoping to find this info in the RO databank, but no joy.
Yes and this was the situation even later, just before we played them.
entirely disenchanted
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Blimey. I'd forgotten quite how badly they fell apart.

I don't think Dagenham will be that bad, but if we stay unbeaten and only draw a couple I fancy our chances.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

I've been doing a Google Image search for &quotclutching at straws&quot...
entirely disenchanted
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:I've been doing a Google Image search for &quotclutching at straws&quot...
How about this
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Well the problem is that all the images tend to be of drinking straws, whereas I imagine the saying refers to grass-type straws.

Mind you with my search terms I did get an image of Alf Ramsey.
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I make it that Yemi was responsible for five of Duffy's penalty goals: away at Burton, home to Southport, home to Lewes, away at Grays, and then away at Tamworth.

Now 14.

In 1971-72, Manchester City were awarded 15 penalties in one season - all of which were scored by Franny Lee, which I think is the Football League record.

Two more to go then..