Fixtures

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSWA&quot wrote:we wont sell out against Cardiff J - not a chance! 7000 max
Agree. Very little interst around the country in the first round of this comp. Plus Cardiff are not exactly on a high at the moment are they. Think it will be a good game though.
BillytheOx
Embryo

Post by BillytheOx »

we wont sell out against Cardiff J - not a chance! 7000 max
How did you come to that conclusion? We did over 7000 easily almost every game last season. The gate will be more 9-10,000.
Aylesbury Rich
Brat

Post by Aylesbury Rich »

hmm, not convinced we'll get 10,000. Evening game in holiday season. Plus season ticket holders don't get the game included anymore. I'd guess 7-8000 at the most.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotBillytheOx&quot wrote:
we wont sell out against Cardiff J - not a chance! 7000 max
How did you come to that conclusion? We did over 7000 easily almost every game last season. The gate will be more 9-10,000.
Not a chance! We just scraped 5,000 against Bristol Rovers at the same stage last season. You can add about 1,000 to 1,500 this time round I reckon
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

A hard one to call*, but it will be our first proper home game of the season, and we don’t know yet if the club will offer any creative pricing deals or marketing lures. e.g. a free ticket for Cardiff if you buy a non-discounted season ticket, or whatever. Cardiff won’t bring more than 5-600 even if it’s only a couple of hours away by car though of course it’s a new ground for Them to visit.

Either way, it beats Rotherham away (imho, so I ain’t going up there) to start the season off and I’m looking forward to it already!

* = So get ready with your 2011/12 Hat predictions and it will be sorted then :-)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

On a general note then apart from Rotherham away August looks great compared to the September footballing menu of Division V fodder. October is another good month other than Macc away, as is November and the FA Cup could throw up anything in that month.

Going to holiday towns like Morecambe and Torquay sounds tempting, but not in December. Ditto for Wimbledon on Boxing Day, and there will be no chance of non-ST holders getting a ticket anyway.

January and February reads like a Conference fixture list apart from a ‘must go’ to Bristol Rovers - and this is when we should be really picking up the points ready for a promotion push.

From then on in it gets quite tough - so in essence I’m really pleased with the fixtures and in particular those last 13 games.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotRoo&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote: Gav normally does a csv / outlook file on Minchery Farm Web
(fingers crossed)
Thanks for that Slappy but it seems that the Football League have threatened him with prosecution for copyright infringement if he publishes the fixtures!
I know......CRACKERS!
any other suggestions?
I think the Daily Telegraph (or one of the broadsheets) did a csv list by team last year as well. Can't find it on their website yet though.
Seeing as it hasn't been posted on here but has on Proboards, presumably this is the link we all want
http&#58//www&#46mincheryfarmweb&#46co& ... ook&#46zip
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I can't believe Swinedown at the C*unty Grind has come out when I will be in Paris.
Probably our best chance of beating them down there since I've been an OUFC supporter.
Grrrrr, fecking fixture computer.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

I cannot get that to work, just message sying'Safari cannot open this file'.

Is there no way to load the fixtures automatically into my iPhone diary/calendar?
http&#58//www&#46mincheryfarmweb&#46co& ... ook&#46zip[/quote]
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

some more advice on proboards
Ignore the files from stfcforever unless you want to download our rival's fixtures for the season.

I unzipped oufcgav's file , imported into Outlook, and that then syncs with my i-phone. Someone else seems to suggest emailing one of the extracted files to yourself, and the iphone then prompts to import as a calendar. Not sure if that is the PST, the CSV, or the I-CAL file though.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well, here's the first fixture change of the season. I've no objection to playing on a bank holiday, but why the evening kick-off? Makes it a bit harder for many of us to attend, I'm sure.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Well, here's the first fixture change of the season. I've no objection to playing on a bank holiday, but why the evening kick-off? Makes it a bit harder for many of us to attend, I'm sure.
Why does the evening ko make it harder to attend? Perhaps for those dedicated fans who live mile away yes, but for those living locally the chance for a bank hol day out with the family before nipping off to the football. Plus it will be a sell out any way.
And not forgetting the move gives us a bit more recovery time before taking in the Gulls.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Well, here's the first fixture change of the season. I've no objection to playing on a bank holiday, but why the evening kick-off? Makes it a bit harder for many of us to attend, I'm sure.
Why does the evening ko make it harder to attend? Perhaps for those dedicated fans who live mile away yes, but for those living locally the chance for a bank hol day out with the family before nipping off to the football. Plus it will be a sell out any way.
And not forgetting the move gives us a bit more recovery time before taking in the Gulls.
Yes, for the many of us that live miles away, the evening makes it much more difficult. Why not 3pm on Good Friday, then we can all be happy.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

northampton always play on good friday evenings i think they are one of the parts of the country that work normally on good friday then tag the day off onto the tuesday
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:northampton always play on good friday evenings i think they are one of the parts of the country that work normally on good friday then tag the day off onto the tuesday
Shut up Womble :-)