Evening Standard Mohammad Amir

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotOUFC_Gav&quot wrote:
Didn't the design come from Desmond Morris?
Did it? I'd have thought someone would have mentioned it by now!
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Re:

Post by OUFC_Gav »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
http&#58//www&#46oxkits&#46co&#46uk/club_badges&#46htm
&quotThe ox head logo was designed by Desmond Morris, the well known zoologist &amp author, and a former Director of OUFC. &quotWhen the board asked me to design a new emblem in 1978 I replaced the old bull with a simple, powerful bull's head with a fiercely determined expression that was charging straight at you. The simplicity of the design meant that, not only could it easily be copied by fans, but it also showed up clearly at a distance, even when worn as a badge on the player's kit. Other clubs often have badges that are so complicated that you have be be very close to them to see the details and I wanted to avoid that.&quot
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Echo
Echo

Echo
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
http&#58//www&#46oxkits&#46co&#46uk/club_badges&#46htm
&quotThe ox head logo was designed by Desmond Morris, the well known zoologist &amp author, and a former Director of OUFC. &quotWhen the board asked me to design a new emblem in 1978 I replaced the old bull with a simple, powerful bull's head with a fiercely determined expression that was charging straight at you. The simplicity of the design meant that, not only could it easily be copied by fans, but it also showed up clearly at a distance, even when worn as a badge on the player's kit. Other clubs often have badges that are so complicated that you have be be very close to them to see the details and I wanted to avoid that.&quot
Have you actually bothered reading any of this thread?
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Post by OUFC_Gav »

Oops. Broadband is down, so trying to browse on my phone and obviously missed a page out somewhere.