Michael Duberry signs...

Anything yellow and blue
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

I am over the moon about this (not sure why coz it could go either way really) I think I can just feel it in my water. Some of you seem to be a bit concerned about the '2 year contract' Don't worry yourselves it's actually one and half (with options)
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

P S Lets see if the OM can get that bit right tomoz
BigCrompy
Puberty

Re:

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:I am over the moon about this (not sure why coz it could go either way really) I think I can just feel it in my water. Some of you seem to be a bit concerned about the '2 year contract' Don't worry yourselves it's actually one and half (with options)
Well I'll not personally fussed how he chooses to spend summer holiday 2013 - surely this is a contract that covers two football seasons, and isn't that entirely the point?
wightyellow
Puberty

Re:

Post by wightyellow »

&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:I think he was referring to Wrexham losing at home to Gateshead 2-7 with a certain M Creighton playing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 394905.stm
Oh! ok then. as long as we didnt lose to Gateshead!
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:Wilder decided that Creighton was not good enough. He admits that bringing a big experienced centre back is what we need, but under no circumstances is this an implicit acknowledment that letting Creighton go was an error.

Mark Creighton was a decent Conference centre back. He has proved nothing but that in my view.
Exactly.

Creighton was an average/good conference player who was soon found out by the management for not being good enough for League Football.

Worley did a fine job replacing him. Duberry helps us progress and evolve further, adding experience and some street-wise play to our team.

The love-in with Creighton and Midson is laughable.
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Re:

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:
&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:
The love-in with Creighton and Midson is laughable.
Completely agree! I never understood everyone giving Wilder grief over his treatment of Midson and Creighton. We all love Creighton but he wasn't quite good enough for league football, otherwise he'd be with a league 2 club now.
EIEIEIO
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotYellow-Robbo&quot wrote:Wooooahhh.

To be honest i'm a bit shocked by all this negativity! I don't care if he is 35, he is an experienced centre back that played 33 games in the SPL last year and once cost £4.5 million. When was the last time we signed someone like that?
Presumably on that basis, you'd like us to sign Jack Charlton and Geoff Hurst as well...
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Good stuff

“And in five years’ time, when Oxford are in the Championship and they look back on where it all started, I want my name mentioned.&quot
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Also:

“Celtic showed an interest in him at Christmas and they were looking to bring him into the club, but Michael wanted to play regularly.&quot
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Steady on chaps, heÔÇÖs not kicked a ball for Us yet. ItÔÇÖs the cricket season and past reputations and quotes in the media count for nothing when you have to get changed at Court Place Farm in July (if our annual pre-season fixture goes ahead)
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

This bit amused me:

&quotHis career before was at the highest level. Then he went to Reading and Wycombe.&quot